High Praise for Jeffery Simmons Among Players, Coaches, & Execs

Jonboy

6 hours ago, dcblanton said:

@japan  I saw your reaction to my post.  What did you disagree with?

I mean, Simmons played only half his rookie season because of the ACL during the draft and basically appeared on the scene for the Charger game and wrecked it.  His appearance, like Tannehill's, seemed to coincide with both units taking big steps and make a run to the AFCCG.  Of course his stats for that season are going to look pedestrian as he played in half the games...

Edited by japan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simmons moves up to #2 on this list for 2022.   Would love to know which coaches/executives didn't even have him ranked inside the top 10 DT this year.   2. Jeffery Simmons, Tennes

Autry is my favorite acquisition this entire off-season and I love several of the moves. What he brings to the table in terms of attitude and production will be huge. 

6 hours ago, japan said:

I mean, Simmons played only half his rookie season because of the ACL during the draft and basically appeared on the scene for the Charger game and wrecked it.  His appearance, like Tannehill's, seemed to coincide with both units taking big steps and make a run to the AFCCG.  Of course his stats for that season are going to look pedestrian as he played in half the games...

I concede that recovering from the ACL has affect his early career.

But, his stats in 2020 were pedestrian as well.  

I feel like last year was the first year he would be considered an elite player.  He wasn't a bad player, just not elite. 

27 minutes ago, dcblanton said:

I concede that recovering from the ACL has affect his early career.

But, his stats in 2020 were pedestrian as well.  

I feel like last year was the first year he would be considered an elite player.  He wasn't a bad player, just not elite. 

The elite traits were evident from literally the first drive he stepped into the field. Last year was the first year he put it all together but Titans fans saw this coming from a mile away. It's a lot like Henry's breakout where by the time everyone became aware he was a freak, the people who know what they're seeing knew what kind of ability was there.

• 2 weeks later...

lol ESPN's Seth Walder thinks Jeffery Simmons isn't worthy to be in ESPN's top #100 list for 2022 and should of been left off the list.

Here's who Walder would leave off the list:

Laremy Tunsil, OT, Houston Texans; Matt Ryan, QB, Indianapolis Colts; Jessie Bates III, S, Cincinnati Bengals; Mike Williams, WR, Los Angeles Chargers; Austin Ekeler, RB, Los Angeles Chargers; Dalvin Cook, RB, Minnesota Vikings; Jeffery Simmons, DT, Tennessee Titans; DeMarcus Lawrence, DE, Dallas Cowboys

8 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Honestly though.  Imagine being dumb enough to give a fuck about whatever list ESPN comes up with.  The NFLN Top 100 is bad enough.....

The top 100 stuff, I try to reserve my mouse clicks from in general. They have that contrived Hallmark holiday vibe around them.