TE University

SleepingTitan

On 7/9/2021 at 12:27 PM, Bongo59 said:

That is your cognitive bias at work.  I never thought Jonnu was a special player, and I know this is not a popular opinion.  Moreover, because of offensive game theory I still believe Firkser easily replaces Jonnu in this offense.  

Jonnu definitely isn't a special player.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully the right.....because, that pear-shaped dude on the left looks like a soccer mom.

https://www.nfl.com/news/delanie-walker-endorses-titans-te-anthony-firkser-he-s-going-to-be-elite

turns out Firk was the soccer mom @woolfolksunclesuncle

On 7/7/2021 at 12:56 PM, SleepingTitan said:

When we wanted a big play, we used Jonnu. 

When we HAD TO HAVE A PLAY, we used Hahvahd. 

I think Firkser gets way too much love around here. I can only think of the Pats playoff game where he was used on a HAD TO HAVE IT play. I’m sure there are some other plays that don’t spring to mind. I think you may be combining the other white WR who we did go to A LOT on HAD TO HAVE plays and that was Humphreys. 

On 7/9/2021 at 12:27 PM, Bongo59 said:

That is your cognitive bias at work.  I never thought Jonnu was a special player, and I know this is not a popular opinion.  Moreover, because of offensive game theory I still believe Firkser easily replaces Jonnu in this offense.  

Aren’t you the guy who said Pacman wasn’t a play maker?

2 minutes ago, japan said:

I think Firkser gets way too much love around here. I can only think of the Pats playoff game where he was used on a HAD TO HAVE IT play. I’m sure there are some other plays that don’t spring to mind. I think you may be combining the other white WR who we did go to A LOT on HAD TO HAVE plays and that was Humphreys. 

He made a huge catch against the Lions on a 3rd and long in the second half when had they not converted Detroit would've gotten the ball with a chance to take the lead.  The game got out of hand late but was a 1 score game in the 3rd.  That, to me, was the biggest play of the game.

4 hours ago, japan said:

If you look at his splits on 3rd down and the high % plays, you'll see it. He doesn't get a lot of visibility because he's not featured in the red zone. I think that changes this year. I see him around 650 yds, 8 TD this year and a ton of catches being clutch. 

He's basically been the money 1st down check down since we don't have a  reliable backfield target in passing for those situations. He really increased in that role when Humphries went down.