Raiders’ Carl Nassib comes out as gay

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only moral decay going on is with people like you and other right wing un-American authoritarian insurrectionists and Christian Coalition nutjobs who have been spitting in the face of the Founding

Do you think people in the closet hide it for fun?   People in power announcing it and making it a big deal helps those who are younger, in a rougher spot in life feel they to can be open ab

He was hiding a part of himself and wanted to get it off his chest. Its only an issue if ppl make it one.    Good for him.    Moving along. 

Posted Images

of course he did. he announced it. to make it an issue. for the media to talk about it.

how can you possibly make any kind of announcement like this and it not be making an issue.

it's very much a "hey look at me" move regardless of what societies sensitivities are

2 minutes ago, Puck said:

of course he did. he announced it. to make it an issue. for the media to talk about it.

how can you possibly make any kind of announcement like this and it not be making an issue.

it's very much a "hey look at me" move regardless of what societies sensitivities are

Is there an issue bringing it to light for media to talk about?

Are you going to criticize Tom Brady for announcing that a team purposely snubbed him as a means to make the media talk about it? He didn’t have to bring that up, he should have kept it private like Nassib, amirite?

Edited by TheBukafax
3 minutes ago, Puck said:

He is just gay and saying that he's gay. It's only a big deal because many in our society and the world hate gay people. They are killed in many places in the world and many people here still hate them (and they are even murdered here for being gay).

Edited by Titans279
26 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Do you think people in the closet hide it for fun?

People in power announcing it and making it a big deal helps those who are younger, in a rougher spot in life feel they to can be open about their identity.

i've made no mention of why people closet hide 

Tim Cook , Liberace, Elton John, Freddie Mercury
young people have plenty of successful public figures to draw inspiration from

4 minutes ago, reo said:

^^^ basic inability to grasp the situation that most people in the gay community live through. Inability to put oneself in another person's shoes.

Oh well. I'm done with this conversation. That comment is a sad reality for a ton of people. 

nothing I said shows an inability to grasp a situation.

this is about the need to feel it necessary for this to be of public record.

isn't sexuality a private matter 

7 minutes ago, lilkhmerkid4u said:

Bro, the forum literally says, "Titans and NFL Talk."

and i asked, what makes this more suited for Titans and NFL talk than the off-topic forum
what does sexual identity have to do with football
suppose the line is drawn in the grey area

1 hour ago, Puck said:

this might open up a few cans,
but why do people coming out have to announce it ?
is it advertising ? is it a mating call ?
some twisted virtue signaling ?
can't you just be gay and be silent about it ?

I guess it's for the same reason you can't be silent about it 😏

99.9% of Twitter. Is shit that doesn’t need to be said to the world but that’s still something people do in droves. 

The reason this is news because how many bigots there are that make being gay a big deal. If those people (a  la Puck) didn’t do the loudest whining on the issue it wouldn’t be perpetuated in the news, but it is because so many have such a problem with something they can’t choose. 

During black history month you have people promoting how proud they are to be black. Why is this any different, I don’t need to hear about someone being black nor do I need to comment on how dumb it is to acknowledge who they are. 

Edited by wiscotitansfan