Is Ryan Tannehill an elite passer?

XAEA12

41 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

But we KNOW Rodgers neither Mahomes misses WRs that wide open. 

Again, Tannehill is not a top 10 talent. He is in a team thats with top talent, wich fits him perfect for what he does.

You put Tanne in a BUF offense and his Dolphins days come back to haunt him.

Yes they do. All QBs miss certain reads and especially vertical route throws. This wasn’t even a post snap misread. It was a pre-snap misread. Get your story together because it’s crumbling. Tannehill isn’t elite in my book, but he’s easily top ten and in the second tier after his play the past two years. 

Didn’t you say Kyler Murray was better? That was you right? Lol you do you. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any list that has Kyler Murray as a better pure passer than Tannehill is a joke and shouldn't be even debated.  It tells me that this person either has no idea what they are watching  or just doesn't

Who cares what he did with the Dolphins?  It's irrelevant.  He's been putting up elite level performances for two seasons now.

Back to the original question, because it was a good one. Here is an article from 2019 that examined QB efficiency in different situations:   https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/05/14/th

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

So of course he isn’t going to throw to him there. Isn’t complicated. He should have changed the play pre-snap. Nuance is your friend. 

If should've was his friend. That falls on a QB. Elite QBs make those changes. Also an elite QB makes your oline better. Tannehill isnt that. Great game managing QB in a top 5 roster.  He hasnt proven anything besides that. He has also sucked in the playoffs in TN. But he has another weapon this year lets see if he can evaulate this team when Henry is a nonfactor.

Edited by unauthorizedcinnamon

1 minute ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

Serious question. How much of that changing the play at the line has been done in the Tennessee offense? Any idea of the freedom that Tannehill has? I know some offenses allow whatever the QB wants. Some only allowing checking from run to pass or vice versa. Some only allow checking into a few different options on a given play. Any idea what the Titans allow?

It’s a good question I was thinking about a minute ago before you asked.

I know he can change from run to pass and can also hot route in certain down and distances. He can also change the play between a few different calls. He’s been excellent with his audibles the past two seasons.

Other than that I’m not sure. I can’t be positive he even had the authority to hot route AJ right there as it was second down and 5. I do know he gets more autonomy when we are in hurry up.

The play in question happened right after the 2 minute warning so I’m leaning towards no. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think he had much autonomy on that specific play inside of this system coming out of the 2 minute warning on second and 5. It was a set call. 

I would actually rather be wrong about this, as I’ve been telling the homers he should check to AJ and the idiots that since he didn’t it was the right read. Our system should allow for him to check on any play, but I guarantee you out of anything above that simply isn’t the case with this system. 

2 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

If should've was his friend. That falls on a QB. Elite QBs make those changes. Also an elite QB makes your oline better. Tannehill isnt that. Great game managing QB in a top 5 roster.  He hasnt proven anything besides that. He has also sucked in the playoffs in TN. But he has another weapon this year lets see if he can evaulate this team when Henry is a nonfactor.

He’s put up elite numbers, but I don’t think anyone here thinks he’s a truly elite QB on the level with Brady in his prime, Mahomes, Rodgers, or someone like Manning. 

Saying he isn’t top 10 is laughable. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It’s a good question I was thinking about a minute ago before you asked.

I know he can change from run to pass and can also hot route in certain down and distances. He can also change the play between a few different calls. He’s been excellent with his audibles the past two seasons.

Other than that I’m not sure. I can’t be positive he even had the authority to hot route AJ right there as it was second down and 5. I do know he gets more autonomy when we are in hurry up.

The play in question happened right after the 2 minute warning so I’m leaning towards no. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think he had much autonomy on that specific play inside of this system coming out of the 2 minute warning on second and 5. It was a set call. 

I would actually rather be wrong about this, as I’ve been telling the homers he should check to AJ and the idiots that since he didn’t it was the right read. Our system should allow for him to check on any play, but I guarantee you out of anything above that simply isn’t the case with this system. 

I'm pretty sure he can check out of any play, after all hes had a good resume in the regular season for hin to do just that. Some QBs arent good enough at identifying stuff... that was the case on that play to AJ.

5 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

I'm pretty sure he can check out of any play, after all hes had a good resume in the regular season for hin to do just that. Some QBs arent good enough at identifying stuff... that was the case on that play to AJ

Maybe so. I doubt that’s the case, but it could have been a total misread on his part pre-snap. Once again, that’s a pre-snap misread. Your entire argument has been he should have hit AJ on that play post-snap. Seems you’re at least coming around on this. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

On 6/22/2021 at 6:44 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s put up elite numbers, but I don’t think anyone here thinks he’s a truly elite QB on the level with Brady in his prime, Mahomes, Rodgers, or someone like Manning. 

Saying he isn’t top 10 is laughable. 

Hes probably been a top 10 QB for 1.5 years now, but an consistent season to season gets you in that list in my book or the way I look at QBs. Theres atleast 3 QBs that will be entering their 2nd or 3rd season that will probably surpass Tannehill in that list this year. 

I wasnt the one that saidKyle Murray was a top 10 QB but its pretty much a valid point.

He's almost cracked 4000 yards back to back seasons. 

So yes Kyle Murrays first two years are better than Tannehills first two years. And his ceiling is much higher too. 

Edited by AJClown

Just now, pat said:

Please don't bring up Josh Allen if you'd like to be taken seriously

Yes lets not bring Josh Allen into conversations when he just came off an amazing year and also 2nd in leading for MVP. 

6 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

Yes lets not bring Josh Allen into conversations when he just came off an amazing year and also 2nd in leading for MVP. 

Correct, file him with Cam Newton

9 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

Hes probably been a top 10 QB for 1.5 years now, but an consistent season to season gets you in that list in my book or the way I look at QBs. Theres atleast 3 QBs that will be entering their 2nd or 3rd season that will probably surpass Tannehill in that list this year. 

I wasnt the one that saidKyle Murray was a top 10 QB but its pretty much a valid point.

He's almost cracked 4000 yards back to back seasons. Has tannehill ever been a 4000 yards QB in his 10th season now? Nope.

So yes Kyle Murrays first two years are better than Tannehills first two years. And his ceiling is much higher too. 

This is ridiculous. 

Yes, Tannehill has thrown for 4K. Twice. If we are going by your barometer he’s come close 2 other times and in 2019 would have put up 4400 yards if he played 16 games.

He’s put up back to back top 5 seasons. He isn’t elite, but he’s sure as hell been a lot better than Kyler Murray lol. Get out of here with that tripe. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

1 minute ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

WTF..... stop posting nonsense and look stuff up. 

Wich is why I asked. Fair point. Two season with 4000 yards in his 10th season in the league, followed by mediocre season after season.

25 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

@FinFaninNOVA

Wanted to add to this that he could have checked out, but coming out of the timeout if he sees the look they’re expecting then he’s supposed to run the play. They came out single high and he went with the call.

I’m hoping next year he says fuck that and switches it up and hot routes. AJ was wide open for that TD if he holds the safety for even a fraction of a second.