Mask wearing (or not) trends

abenjami

I carry a mask around, wear it into a store, and take it off based on the vibe inside.

Sometimes everyone inside still is masked up so I wear it out of respect.

Sometimes no one is masked up and again I take it off out of respect.

If the mask interferes with business i.e. my communication is muffled etc I take it off.

In New York City mask usage is relaxing, but is still way more prevalent than upstate in Trump country.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People who have had Covid don’t have natural immunity. They have antibodies for a few months which dissipate rapidly and T cells that help the immune system remember Covid. Science is our friend. 

I mean, there is a case to be made that food workers should have always been required to wear masks.  Well at least some of them.  LOL

Posted Images

Still official policy out here.  I had a health inspector walk into my kitchen, not a public facility situation and I was the only person inside, and just about cited me for an infraction (and yes I got the vac).

So supposed to have on a mask pretty much anywhere out in public and definitely at all stores and such. Mayor still says only supposed to have 10 or fewer people inside, 25 outside, at gathering.  He tried to up restaurant capacity from 50% to 75% but Gov said Nope.  Even though the tourists are packed on the beaches sans masks everywhere.  

I still wear one to appointments, stores, etc. I figured I’d give it a little time after the CDC announced the new policy to see how things played out. And I have never had any problem with wearing the masks so it doesn’t matter to me.

Also, wearing the mask has 2 social benefits. For anyone who is still concerned about the pandemic, it puts them at ease. And for anyone who is an antimasker, it gets under their skin. So a win-win.

39 minutes ago, chef said:

Still official policy out here.  I had a health inspector walk into my kitchen, not a public facility situation and I was the only person inside, and just about cited me for an infraction (and yes I got the vac).

So supposed to have on a mask pretty much anywhere out in public and definitely at all stores and such. Mayor still says only supposed to have 10 or fewer people inside, 25 outside, at gathering.  He tried to up restaurant capacity from 50% to 75% but Gov said Nope.  Even though the tourists are packed on the beaches sans masks everywhere.  

You can kinda tell who the tourists are when you go the malls here.  They are pretty much maskless.

12 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Also, wearing the mask has 2 social benefits. For anyone who is still concerned about the pandemic, it puts them at ease. And for anyone who is an antimasker, it gets under their skin. So a win-win.

Agree with both points.

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

You can kinda tell who the tourists are when you go the malls here.  They are pretty much maskless.

Where is "here" for you?

Somewhere between 5-10% of people at the local grocery in Columbus, OH with a mask today.

Store sign at entrance has changed from "masks required" to "no mask required for fully vaccinated". 

Clearly, many non-vaccinated people not wearing masks given the local population vaccination rate (as expected).

Edited by ChemEngr79

8 hours ago, chef said:

I mean, there is a case to be made that food workers should have always been required to wear masks.  Well at least some of them.  LOL

10 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Pre-facility entry bleach dip not a bad idea.

34 minutes ago, chef said:

Pre-facility entry bleach dip not a bad idea.

The hair nets are only so effective.

There is probably also a case to be made that the food serving industry (not chefs) is largely responsible for the elevated levels of HPV and Herpes in our society.

55 minutes ago, abenjami said:

The hair nets are only so effective.

There is probably also a case to be made that the food serving industry (not chefs) is largely responsible for the elevated levels of HPV and Herpes in our society.

That H & H combo probably more restaurant/bar Happy Hours and subsequent poor decision making.