Interesting Ringer podcast about Titans by Arthur Smith

Bongo59

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slightly off-topic, but can we take a minute to appreciate just how far Henry has come as a professional? It’s amazing to see where he is after the dancing, soft, immature rookie season he had. Whethe

One thing I took out of it is he was well aware of the run/pass ratio on first down and didn’t care because he believed that giving the ball to Henry was the best way to move the ball.  And it didn’t

Personally, I think they will be more balanced on 1st down - one just for efficiency's sake and two to impact how teams game plan for them.

6 minutes ago, scine09 said:

One thing I took out of it is he was well aware of the run/pass ratio on first down and didn’t care because he believed that giving the ball to Henry was the best way to move the ball.  And it didn’t sound like it was being forced on him.

Another thing is he made it a point to say how flexible and open Vrabel is.

Hilarious considering the vitrol that Vrabel gets......

The type of player Henry is largely contributes to the problem.  He's been a liability on 3rd down passing situations, albeit he's gotten better.  Hence you need to get him the ball on 1st or 2nd to get him rolling and wear down the defense.  That being said, they were too far run vs pass on 1st down and the failure to adjust - see Ravens playoff loss - cost them the game.

Henry, to his credit, acknowledged he needs to be better, per Teresa M. Walker of the Associated Press (h/t the Washington Post):

"We all know, you guys all know, if you're inconsistent in this league, they'll find somebody to replace you. So I feel like the biggest thing is just being consistent during everything that I do. Being efficient, finishing runs, being physical, running hard. Like I said, I stood in front of y'all and said all those things, but I don't feel like I've done those things."

Titans head coach Mike Vrabel said he was thankful for Henry's honest appraisal.

6 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Hilarious considering the vitrol that Vrabel gets......

The type of player Henry is largely contributes to the problem.  He's been a liability on 3rd down passing situations, albeit he's gotten better.  Hence you need to get him the ball on 1st or 2nd to get him rolling and wear down the defense.  That being said, they were too far run vs pass on 1st down and the failure to adjust - see Ravens playoff loss - cost them the game.

Exactly. I have always said this. The formula we follow is a classic breakdown when your running back is your best player BUT he's not versatile. 

We have two downs to maximize Henry, and we're going to do it.

It will be interesting to see what happens with AJB and Julio Jones. Henry may no longer be considered the best playmaker on the team.

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

Exactly. I have always said this. The formula we follow is a classic breakdown when your running back is your best player BUT he's not versatile. 

We have two downs to maximize Henry, and we're going to do it.

It will be interesting to see what happens with AJB and Julio Jones. Henry may no longer be considered the best playmaker on the team.

Henry, until he gets injured will be the stud on this team. I will remind you all no WR is ever the stud.  Atl had Jones for a decade and did nothing with him.  When you add a Faulk or Emmitt type to good WRs then the whole team jumps up.  It even helps the D because they only have to play with a lead and defense become simplified.  Downing better get the message that getting a lead is the key with the way the team is built.  Henry in the second half will close out a lot of games if he remains healthy.  

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

Another thing is he made it a point to say how flexible and open Vrabel is.

Probably was saved because it was offense and Vrabel clearly thinks that he is 2nd coming of Bill Belichick. 

1 minute ago, Supdawg said:

Probably was saved because it was offense and Vrabel clearly thinks that he is 2nd coming of Bill Belichick. 

I hope he is.  I wouldn't mind 6 or 7 SB rings over the next 20 years.