Tanney is better than Ryan. AJ is better than Julio

Flarb

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

No one will ever convince me that anyone knew what Tannehill was. No fucking way. 

I watched him for all his seasons in Miami. By the end, I was one of his few supporters. I always believed he could be a top 10 QB with a good supporting cast and a coaching staff that didn't suck. I would not have predicted a 110 passer rating over 26 games. I would have guessed that he would be right near 100 though. 

The biggest improvements in his game are the willingness and ability to make tight window throws and the willingness and ability to push the ball down field. I think he was hesitant to do those things in Miami. That gave him a lower ceiling. 

Arm talent? Saw it. Mobility? Saw it. Smarts? Saw it. 

There was one guy on a Dolphins board that predicted playoffs and comeback player of the year when he was given the starting job in 2019.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you fucking Marge?    Because this is the most homer take I've seen, even for this board's standards.       

Right now I'd rather have Tannehill over Matt Ryan.    And you can't put AJ over Julio right now

Tannehill is a game manager at best. He fits right in our system. Thats all he is and its all he will ever be...

Posted Images

18 hours ago, GoodToGo said:

You need a dictionary. Don’t sling words around that’ll make the smart girls go talk to other dudes. 

This makes no sense but keep trying.

58 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I refuse to engage in discussion with someone who sees Kyler Murray as a better passer than Tannehill. 

I don't think that was unauthorized that said that.  It was I believe the Colts fan.

Edited by scine09

4 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Going on as in, he's already had 2 good seasons... As soon as someone pulls the "homer" card, I know they have no more strong points to make. You don't know what you're watching if you think Smith and Tannehill are comparable. 

LOL

A lot of you are absolutely being homers in this thread. I think Tannehill is a good qb. Not a game manager but not elite either.  But if someone here doesn't proclaim him elite based on a season and a half as our starter you guys attack them or their opinion and act as if you have the football high ground. You don't.  You are being ridiculously defensive  for no reason. I wish Tannehill were what you proclaim because we wouldn't be running straight into 8 or 9 men fronts over and over in the playoffs.

Oh and Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill are not comparable. Who the fuck tried to make that comparison?

Edited by WG53

27 minutes ago, WG53 said:

LOL

A lot of you are absolutely being homers in this thread. I think Tannehill is a good qb. Not a game manager but not elite either.  But if someone here doesn't proclaim him elite based on a season and a half as our starter you guys attack them or their opinion and act as if you have the football high ground. You don't.  You are being ridiculously defensive  for no reason. I wish Tannehill were what you proclaim because we wouldn't be running straight into 8 or 9 men fronts over and over in the playoffs.

Oh and Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill are not comparable. Who the fuck tried to make that comparison?

Your boy that I responded to directly compared Smith to Tannehill. I'm not trying to attack anyone. I'm just hearing a stance I disagree with and asking the people who hold why they do so using concrete facts and evidence instead of rhetoric. I don't think that's unreasonable on a message board. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if it's unpopular; I hold many that are unpopular as well but I largely hold them based on evidence and am prepared to defend them if need be.

3 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

This "argument" is tired and largely irrelevant now but it's always been about the refusal of some to recognize it was Robinson's call.  It sure as fuck wasn't Vrabel's.......Those who want to say "group decision" simply want to deflect that because it was dumb at the time and still dumb now. 

I'm not deflecting anything. I'm not defending Robinson. I just don't think it was his sole decision. If I'm wrong, so what. Not everyone is going to come to the same conclusion as you. It's just what I genuinely think. 

57 minutes ago, XAEA12 said:

I'm not deflecting anything. I'm not defending Robinson. I just don't think it was his sole decision. If I'm wrong, so what. Not everyone is going to come to the same conclusion as you. It's just what I genuinely think. 

I think it was more about protecting him and Vrabel. If they started Tannehill and he didn’t take his game to another level while Mariota rode the bench they both would have been in deep shit.

Self-preservation is the most human trait on the planet. He knew his job would have been on the line if he allowed Tannehill to start and it didn’t work out. At that point you can’t go back to the guy making 21 million who doesn’t have a contract. I also think it would have affected the locker room in a way that it would have fractured. I was a calculated risk to save his neck and keep the team together. 

2 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think it was more about protecting him and Vrabel. If they started Tannehill and he didn’t take his game to another level while Mariota rode the bench they both would have been in deep shit.

Self-preservation is the most human trait on the planet. He knew his job would have been on the line if he allowed Tannehill to start and it didn’t work out. At that point you can’t go back to the guy making 21 million who doesn’t have a contract. I also think it would have affected the locker room in a way that it would have fractured. I was a calculated risk to save his neck and keep the team together. 

I don't follow the logic that if they had gone with Tannehill week 1 and it had sputtered that they could not go back to Mariota.  Far better QB's than Mariota have gotten benched and then came back in.  Montana, Moon, Manning come to mind.

As for risk, they were beyond lucky that the season wasn't torpedoed because they played the inferior player.  It took an historically great Tannehill season and playing Texan scrubs in week 17 to make it.

37 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

I don't follow the logic that if they had gone with Tannehill week 1 and it had sputtered that they could not go back to Mariota.  Far better QB's than Mariota have gotten benched and then came back in.  Montana, Moon, Manning come to mind.

As for risk, they were beyond lucky that the season wasn't torpedoed because they played the inferior player.  It took an historically great Tannehill season and playing Texan scrubs in week 17 to make it.

I’m going with what I think Robinson was thinking. He made sure it wasn’t a competition from the start. Why is that? He just saw Mariota torpedo a season. I think he was covering his ass and had to give MM a shot because of a lot of the reasons you stated. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

What's funny is it was totally obvious in the first preseason game Tannehill was ten times better than Mariota, 10 could honestly be too low. 

And of course some of the less informed chalked it up to just being preseason but it was obvious 

That was the game where I think Tannehill threw several lasers and led the team down the field.  Meanwhile, Mariota was doing his usual subpar crap.

Tannehill was on a one yr deal and wouldn't sign a 2 year deal.

Tells you everything you need to know about his intentions.

He was looking to being a FA after the season.

If he signed a 2 yr deal...which I believe is what JRob wanted... maybe that tips the scales a bit and JRob let's vrabel start who he wants.