Only half of NFL teams have 51 or more of their players that are vaccinated? That's absurd.

Oiler FANatic

33 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think long term even for flu season that wearing a mask in large crowed group settings should be law.. if I’m the president I make this universal law and any where were there will be in excess of many people that mask be a requirement, it will cut down on flu deaths, will cut down on people being sick in tbr work field and cut the number of people taking up hospital beds. We’re only in the summer and people are dying again just wait till the colder months come summer has zoomed on by we’re about to head into august. 

I have 0 appetite for this but you're 100% right on all counts.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

96% of all practicing physicians have been vaccinated.. what do we know that you don't know ?? you don't want to be on a ventilator your last few weeks of life without your family and loved ones being

The vaccine needs to be mandatory where the government has the authority to enforce it.  If you want to fly, show proof of vaccination.  If you want to teach where public money is involved, get vaccin

The lesson of the last few year is that it takes only a moment to post a lie or some conspiracy theory, but it takes 10 times that to refute it.  You can never keep up.  We just had an entire Presiden

Posted Images

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

No he's not. People should not be required to wear mask in large public gatherings outside of a pandemic. The answer is for those who are symptomatic with flu or other respiratory illnesses to be allowed to stay home, work from home, etc. If they have to be out or go to work, they should wear masks for personal accountability like you see in many Asians countries.

So you don't think masking during flu season would greatly reduce instances of people getting the flu and those compromised dying from it? 

@Bongo59 did you see where the CDC admitted after sampling 100 people that vaccinated and unvaccinated people carry the SAME viral load when infected with Covid??? More shifting data and changing information ?

https://sfist.com/2021/07/27/cdc-confirms-that-viral-loads-in-vaccinated-people-with-delta-are-indistinguishable-from-unvaccinated/

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31906170/buffalo-bills-wr-cole-beasley-says-nfl-vaccine-gripe-differing-standards-wants-players-proper-information

It was the frequency of testing, however, that Beasley was most critical of: Unvaccinated players will have to be tested daily under the policy governing preseason and training camp, while vaccinated players will only be required to test every two weeks.

"It's common sense that if a vaxxed or unvaxxed player is tested less frequently, the likelihood of a player being pulled for COVID drops dramatically," he said. "In regard to player safety, I'll conclude by saying we all want to be safe.

Given that the CDC is now admitting that fully vaccinated people can spread the virus with the same level as unvaccinated people. 

The real question, and one we surely don't know, is how many breakthrough cases exist where the person is asymptomatic, fully vaccinated, and has been running around unmasked and not socially distanced since Mid May.  After all, they only capture cases where someone is hospitalized.......27% of the reported hospitalizations on breakthrough cases were not even for Covid.......

26 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

@Bongo59 did you see where the CDC admitted after sampling 100 people that vaccinated and unvaccinated people carry the SAME viral load when infected with Covid??? More shifting data and changing information ?

https://sfist.com/2021/07/27/cdc-confirms-that-viral-loads-in-vaccinated-people-with-delta-are-indistinguishable-from-unvaccinated/

Yeah dude.  Information changes when things actually change.  The Delta variant didn't exist when it was originally opined that vaccinated people were less likely to spread the virus.

The CDC changing their recommendations based upon new findings with the Delta variant is called being responsible and accountable, not some kind of conspiracy or politically motivated agenda.

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Yeah dude.  Information changes when things actually change.  The Delta variant didn't exist when it was originally opined that vaccinated people were less likely to spread the virus.

The CDC changing their recommendations based upon new findings with the Delta variant is called being responsible and accountable, not some kind of conspiracy or politically motivated agenda.

I agree that too many people focus on what was said without considering how fluid the disease is.  In this case, though, the CDC and NIH deserves some blame and I don't think their guidance was just scientific - there was massive pressure to re-open America in time for business and tourism and frankly the new administration.

At the same time, the first case of Delta in the US was in March when it had already started ravaging India after showing up there in December 2020.  It's fair to say that in mid May, the CDC should have been more cautious in their guidance knowing that this variant was by all accounts a far more dangerous version of Covid and that the US had no way of stopping it from spreading given the vaccination rates.

26 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. I'm not one of those people. I understand they're doing their best with the information they have. I'm also doing the best with the lack of reliable information that's been given to me. 

In other news, TN remains one of the LOWEST Covid per 100k in the USA despite being 70% Republican and one of the least vaccinated:

https://wgntv.com/news/heres-how-much-each-state-is-adding-to-the-national-covid-bump/

2 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. I'm not one of those people. I understand they're doing their best with the information they have. I'm also doing the best with the lack of reliable information that's been given to me. 

In other news, TN remains one of the LOWEST Covid per 100k in the USA despite being 70% Republican and one of the least vaccinated:

https://wgntv.com/news/heres-how-much-each-state-is-adding-to-the-national-covid-bump/

How is TN one of the lowest?  From what I can tell that map says it's one of the highest 15-20.

15 minutes ago, abenjami said:

How is TN one of the lowest?  From what I can tell that map says it's one of the highest 15-20.

Idk what you're seeing. I'll look again after work. TN had 16 people die yesterday. A week ago, like 3. Florida and Cali are the big contributions.

Just now, SleepingTitan said:

Idk what you're seeing. I'll look again after work. TN had 16 people die yesterday. A week ago, like 3. Florida and Cali are the big contributions.

I'm seeing TN has a case rate of 104 per 100,000 and that appears to be the 12th highest among the 50 states.

Yeah, more people in Florida and California are going to die.  Larger populations and more cases.  Not to mention it's summertime and millions of spreaders from other states are going to Florida and California to vacation.