We need a real backup QB

Thrill

With the Julio trade making us an instant superbowl contender, I think it's malpractice to go into this season with Kizer as the backup QB. It looks like the FA pool is pretty barren so I'd assume we have to trade for somebody. Perhaps JRob is planning to wait until preseason cuts come in.

Unless a veteran is cut, I think Foles would be a potential option for a late round pick. Chicago went out and got Andy Dalton and drafted Fields. They'd probably even eat some of the salary to get off of his dead cap for next year. His dead hit is 14 million but his cap hit is only 6.6 mil this season. If they can keep most of the dead money and eat some of this years cap hit I think it'd be worth dealing with the big dead hit next season. I think he'd be serviceable in our downfield offense and be able to scrape together some wins if Tannehill were to miss any games. 

Anybody have other backup qbs in mind or have a different opinion on the situation?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Hey, what about Marcus Mari..."    

If they lose Tanny it’s over unless it’s just for a few games regardless of the back up 

I agree it's a legit question. It's just a serious question with very few serious answers. We can't really afford to swing trade capital or money here, and our options at this point are slim...maybe N

I'm all for looking for better options but the staff knows these guys better than us. 

Let us not forget the Bucs backup QB this year was Blaine fucking Gabbert. The large majority of the contenders have backups comparable to Kizer. Not like all these guys have solid QBs holding thr clipboard. 

Kizer apparently has a live arm and maybe a play action system would be better for him .. the only other qb I like that might be available soon is Drew Locke, but he’s going to need some development to be a backup

On 6/10/2021 at 3:58 PM, OILERMAN said:

If they lose Tanny it’s over unless it’s just for a few games regardless of the back up 

With a really great backup, like Dalton or Winston were last season, they would be fine losing Tannehill. Obviously they would be screwed with Kizer or Woodside.