Two issues to consider........K and back up QB.

Now that it is clear they are going for the SB I think JRob has to get a reliable K and I'd go after Minshew to back up Tannehill.  The kid is not great but he has the wheels to do the PA game and he is good enough to win with the talent on this O.  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great point - I hadn't considered these positions previously. 

I would like to see them bring back Gostkowski.  After struggling initially he really turned it on from week 11 on.  I don’t think he missed a kick in that time.  He’s been there, done it before and f

This guy got away.    

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I would like to see them bring back Gostkowski.  After struggling initially he really turned it on from week 11 on.  I don’t think he missed a kick in that time.  He’s been there, done it before and for a team that expects to win you need a reliable kicker, not a rookie.

I think this is likely to happen unless Haubeil just looks like the second coming out there. 

7 minutes ago, japan said:

Sounds like Kizer may beat out Woodside if you believe the OTA reports.  Neither guy is exciting let's be honest.

I'm surprised no one has given Nick Mullens a shot.

Without Tanney the Titans go nowhere.  If he does get hurt best to hope we can be competitive for a few weeks.  Doubt Minshew is going anywhere right now.  I would guess most adjustment from this point forward will be during camp cuts.

K should be addressed before camp.  All the guys they have had in the last couple years have jobs.  Really think issues in K game were the snapper.  Contrary to what some posters could see after the Denver Game last year.  You know who you are!

Kizer isn't ideal but I think he's an improvement over Woodside. He came into the league needing to sit and learn and was forced into starting for a bad organization and a coach whose ego was too big to let him sit and learn. He's still young (24) and I think with a year here be a solid backup. It'd be nice to have someone else that was better though, of course. Not sure who that'd be.

At this point I think it’s safe to assume Kizer and Woodside are the guy competing for the backup job.

But someone is going to be on the PS. 

Edited by Starkiller

I remember when they inked Cox to long snap there were some comments that more or less said inconsistent snapping last year had an impact on the kicker. 

I think they bring back Gostkowski barring McCann just balling out.