Jonboy

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nailed it...

Poor Tannehill.  "We're going to trade for a HoF WR but we need you to take our $15 million one year early."  "Okay, I guess.  For the sake of the team."

Posted Images

• Jonboy changed the title to Titans to Restructure Tannehill to Make Room for Julio

So they are leaving Jones' deal untouched?  Wow.  But it does give them an easy out for Jones if it doesn't pan out with only 2 M guaranteed beyond this year.

Tannehill was locked in here for 2022 anyway but it does give him some leverage on the next contract.

Robinson is all in for 2021.

Exactly the right move. I said several weeks ago that this was what was required to get Julio in the door. It's the most efficient and palatable way to go in this situation. 

And I'm guessing they could do it without agent/client approval if it has a typical base restructure clause. All this does is give Tannehill his 2021 money up front in bulk, no downside for the player. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, SirLanceALot said:

Let’s go get Melvin Ingram now

I think we will have something like 3 mil left over after the Jones contract. Unless we extend someone not named Tannehill (his cap savings would be the next two years in that case) I don’t see where the money would come from. I guess maybe a short extension for Saffold? 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I think we will have something like 3 mil left over after the Jones contract. Unless we extend someone not named Tannehill (his cap savings would be the next two years in that case) I don’t see where the money would come from. I guess maybe a short extension for Saffold? 

Idk how they feel about Brewer maybe being his replacement next season. If they like him, I don’t see an extension for Saffold. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

A simple restructure for Saffold wouldn't be a huge deal if they're willing to eat the dead money next year and just cut him to make up the difference, which they'll likely be doing anyway.