Are the Titans now ready to win a superbowl?

stormi

1 minute ago, japan said:

Tannehill has played excellent the last two seasons. Wentz has played dreadful the last two seasons. You can post Tannehill’s bad plays from his time in Miami but it wouldn’t mean anything….

actually , it wouldn't matter when they were from, it still wouldn't mean anything as it relates to this season.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Expecting to "win" the SB is a pretty hard standard. Too much luck involved, injuries etc....   I think a more realistic goal is to truly contend for the SB. Last year it became obvious pret

At the risk of being a shit stirrer, the championship coach part is very much in question.

There isn't a team in this league that doesn't have 2 or 3 players that if they were to go down their season wouldn't be in serious trouble.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, japan said:

Tannehill has played excellent the last two seasons. Wentz has played dreadful the last two seasons. You can post Tannehill’s bad plays from his time in Miami but it wouldn’t mean anything….

It’s pretty easy to see you’re a homer and Colts hater. Can you provide me with some supporting stats that show Wentz being dreadful in 2019?

2 minutes ago, Puck said:

actually , it wouldn't matter when they were from, it still wouldn't mean anything as it relates to this season.

But the trend for Tannehill is positive and he has shown that he has it figured out and has been unbelievably good. The trend on Wentz is straight down the drain. Could he correct course? Yes. The odds aren’t good though.

Edited by japan

Just now, BProland85 said:

It’s pretty easy to see you’re a homer and Colts hater. Can you provide me with some supporting stats that show Wentz being dreadful in 2019?

Lol. He’s been trending down.  Are you going to argue that? 

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Here is a 2019 article on Wentz. While 2019 wasn’t anything like the trainwreck that was 2020, Wentz was definitely not as good as the stats may show in 2019. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/11/24/20980666/carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-regression-2019-season

20 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Yeah I’m sure you know everything behind the scenes over there lol. 

I'm getting sick and tired of being asked for sources on this board by half-wits like you. I don't just make up bullshit. 

Here's a quote from this article, "Nonetheless, Santoliquito wrote that several unnamed Eagles claimed that Wentz had a tendency to "complicate" the offense and "bullied" offensive coordinator Mike Groh. He reportedly didn't want to run the same concepts and plays that had worked a season prior because it was "Foles' stuff."

I remember the quote from a radio show, and Wentz actually said on the sidelines after a play call "Don't give me that Foles shit."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816841-report-carson-wentz-described-as-selfish-qb-fails-to-take-accountability

As long as Henry stays healthy we are a dangerous team. If he goes down were screwed. Tannehill is a good QB but he has to have a run game for his skillset to work

Edited by unauthorizedcinnamon

22 minutes ago, japan said:

Lol. He’s been trending down.  Are you going to argue that? 

He had a very bad year in 2020, that’s it. Are you going to argue against his stats in 2019 and the fact he had no WRs or OL on that team? Philly had a horrendous rash of injuries the past few seasons at those positions. 

22 minutes ago, japan said:

Here is a 2019 article on Wentz. While 2019 wasn’t anything like the trainwreck that was 2020, Wentz was definitely not as good as the stats may show in 2019. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/11/24/20980666/carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-regression-2019-season

Again I’ll ask you, can you name me his starting OL and WRs in that Seahawks game? Coaching and supporting cast is a HUGE factor in a QB’s success. 

39 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

He had a very bad year in 2020, that’s it. Are you going to argue against his stats in 2019 and the fact he had no WRs or OL on that team? Philly had a horrendous rash of injuries the past few seasons at those positions. 

I know that he wasn't as good as his stats in 2019.  That article kind of mentions the same thing.  He had several games where he put up a ton of garbage time stats.  Look, I know the Colts are going to be formidable and I don't expect the Titans to run away with the division.  But, the amount of faith that people are putting into Wentz to magically turn everything around seems crazy.  He's not automatically just-as-good or better than Rivers was because he had a great partial season in 2017.

Edited by japan

35 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Again I’ll ask you, can you name me his starting OL and WRs in that Seahawks game? Coaching and supporting cast is a HUGE factor in a QB’s success. 

I think I did enough sleuthing on the internet to get you that article.  

35 minutes ago, japan said:

But the trend for Tannehill is positive and he has shown that he has it figured out and has been unbelievably good. The trend on Wentz is straight down the drain. Could he correct course? Yes. The odds aren’t good though.

that's great, but
i was basically agreeing with you (don't let it happen again) that Ryan's flops in Miami mean nothing.
He's shown that he's corrected that, and found him a coach, albeit a bonehead, that's not as big of a bonehead as his Dolphin coaches.
Wentz hasn't corrected, and might not. I have seen little that leads me to think that Reich's gonna get him on track anytime soon, but that's a bit of a fallacy, none of us really know we're just looking at trends.
now, they might pad his stats to over 4k and like 20 TD's but across 600 attempts and with probably as many INT.

speaking of which, I found a category Wentz led the league in last year, 2 actually
observe:

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 4.47.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 4.47.40 PM.png