Are the Titans now ready to win a superbowl?

stormi

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Really? What about the close wins the Titans had over the Jags and Texans. Do those count?

@Mythos27 this is precisely what I'm talking about. A different set of rules for the Colts than for the Titans.

Just idiotic.  Under Reich, Indy's had two 10 win seasons in the last 3......The one losing year was when their star QB retired right before the season and they had to play Brissett.....Meanwhile the Titans have had one 10 win + season in the last 3 seasons......

LOL at bashing their Texan wins (by 6 and 7) when the Titans won their two Texan games by 6 in OT and 3 on the last play of the game.  The Titans also won close games at Denver, the Jags, and the OT game at Baltimore.

LOL at zero evidence Wentz will work out in Indy.  It's not 100% but it sure isn't 0% either given Reich's success as a play caller, his experience with Wentz, and the better personnel in Indy than in Philly. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Expecting to "win" the SB is a pretty hard standard. Too much luck involved, injuries etc....   I think a more realistic goal is to truly contend for the SB. Last year it became obvious pret

At the risk of being a shit stirrer, the championship coach part is very much in question.

There isn't a team in this league that doesn't have 2 or 3 players that if they were to go down their season wouldn't be in serious trouble.

Posted Images

I get the optimism, I really do.  I am excited because I think we have a legit offense and as many have said, the defense can't be worse than last year.

The problem is the rational person in me understands that the defense actually CAN be worse than last year, and that regardless of the offensive skill players, we still have a meathead coach that needs players to fit his scheme vs. evolving his scheme to fit the players, and is far too predictable on offense (especially on first down). 

For those clamoring for evidence of Wentz being successful, we have the last year he was with Reich.  Where is the evidence that our defensive scheme can be successful under Vrabel or Bowen? 

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

Really? What about the close wins the Titans had over the Jags and Texans. Do those count?

@Mythos27 this is precisely what I'm talking about. A different set of rules for the Colts than for the Titans.

We already addressed and disavowed the comments made early in this thread. You may not think so but I really am trying to be as realistic as I can when comparing these teams. I think the most controversial thing I've said is that I prefer the Titans edge rushers more than the Colts rushers but I did stop short of making any definitive predictions out of respect for just how unpredictable the NFL is. 

Edit: typos for days. I gotta start proofreading these. Swipe is doing me dirty.

Edited by Mythos27

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Dude I'm not talking about drives. Texans fumbled at the fucking goaline at the end of a game clearly winning

11 hours ago, oldschool said:

Rivers cost his team multiple games last year. He had nice stats but stats dont tell the whole story. Also no one is claiming the 2020 version of Wentz was better but let's be honest here. Pederson was in over his head and the Philly roster was terrible. I expect Wentz to be much better under Reich and along with a better OL and weapons. Does that mean it's a given he'll be good this year? Of course not. All the arguments for the Colts being a 2nd tier AFC team hinge on Wentz being good. If you can read you know nearly every argument laid out in this thread as said IF Wentz plays well.

What this thread ultimately comes down to are those who assume the Titans moves will work out while assuming the Colts moves will not and those who take a wait and see approach. I'm in the latter group.

I'm going to say this loud so the people in the back can hear:

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT CARSON WENTZ IS A GOOD QB. HE PLAYED WELL FOR 1.5 SEASONS OUT OF 5. HE LOST HIS JOB TO FOLES AND THEN TO A ROOKIE QB THAT IS UNPROVEN. THAT IS WHY WE THINK THE COLTS MOVE WILL NOT WORK OUT. 

Now, if Julio or Dupree or Jenkins or Autry had their best year 4 years ago and ever since then they been injured and sucked, you could say Titans and Colts moves or equal. But they're not. How you can't follow this logic is beyond me

Edited by SleepingTitan

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

I'm going to say this loud so the people in the back can hear:

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT CARSON WENTZ IS A GOOD QB. HE PLAYED WELL FOR 1.5 SEASONS OUT OF 5. HE LOST HIS JOB TO FOLES AND THEN TO A ROOKIE QB THAT IS UNPROVEN. THAT IS WHY WE THINK THE COLTS MOVE WILL NOT WORK OUT. 

Now, if Julio or Dupree or Jenkins or Autry had their best year 4 years ago and ever since then they been injured and sucked, you could say Titans and Colts moves or equal. But they're not. How you can't follow this logic is beyond me

You’re simply delusional. Go look at Wentz’s stats and see who he had around him due to injuries in both 2018 and 2019. 2020 was his only bad season. 

Edited by BProland85

23 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

You’re simply delusional. Go look at Wentz’s stats and see who he had around him due to injuries in both 2018 and 2019. 2020 was his only bad season. 

Lmao. Besides a 1.5 year stretch from 2017-1018, show me the ones you like:

image.png.9d61094dc4ef656656fd39691e0f8f9a.png

Edited by SleepingTitan

Some of yall are gonna look at those stats and say: lOoK aT 2019! hE tHrEw FoR 4,000 yArDs

Well, fuck. I hope so. He threw over 600x (37.9 pass per game.) Tannehill had 481 attempts for nearly the same yardage last year. 

5 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Lmao. Besides a 1.5 year stretch from 2017-1018, show me the ones you like:

image.png.9d61094dc4ef656656fd39691e0f8f9a.png

I’d say a QB rating of 102 and 93 in 2018 and 2019 is pretty good considering what he had to work with at WR and OL. 

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’d say a QB rating of 102 and 93 in 2018 and 2019 is pretty good considering what he had to work with at WR and OL. 

Yeah like I said, you can't count a half season in 2018. I said he played well in 2017 and half a season in 2018. Still lost 6 of 11 games in 2018, but we'll give it to ya. 

If you subtract his 2017 year, he's won 47% of his games. He's garbage. He's barely over .500 with an 11-5 year added back. 

Edited by SleepingTitan

2 minutes ago, Puck said:

didn't the NFC East have some pretty terrible defenses during some of that span ?

I mean, it's rare that they have good defenses at all, but since you brought it up, Wince is 0-4 against Seattle. 

0-1 against the Titans. 

so, in other words ..... when you play 6 games a year against divisional opponents that have terrible D, then it's not that hard to pad stats

1 minute ago, Puck said:

so, in other words ..... when you play 6 games a year against divisional opponents that have terrible D, then it's not that hard to pad stats

exxxxxactly. Giants, Washington Football Team, and Dem boys oh my!