• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why the hell would you mention pass rush stats when discussing the pass blocking? YOU ARE READING THE WRONG LIST.   The Jets were #6 on Pass RUSH win rate. That is the DEFENSIVE LINE. 

He also claimed that Tannehill threw nothing but easy throws to wide open receivers. The NFL has stats for that too.    Expected completion % and completion percentage over expected (CPOE) s

Posted Images

It was also right after the OL that was 29th in creating running room for running backs began to play like the best line in the league. But we leave that out because it doesn't fit the narrative.

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

It was also right after the OL that was 29th in creating running room for running backs began to play like the best line in the league. But we leave that out because it doesn't fit the narrative.

Which explains why Dion Lewis also suddenly improved, too…

11 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Which explains why Dion Lewis also suddenly improved, too…

He was washed up and got a total of 10 carries after that Jacksonville game...When you suck enough no amount of blocking will make you good. Bad blocking can certainly hold back a good player though. 

Edited by Mythos27

While we're talking about early Derrick Henry, I don't miss teams charging the backfield to either get the TFL, sack, or some other bone headed Mariota play.

19 hours ago, Puck said:

ya'll remember a bunch of dudes here wanted to bench Henry or cut him ?
Pepperidge Farms remembers

Yeah they used Henry in their "burn Jrob at the stake for all the 2nd round busts" campaigns. Now it's "look at these first rounders that ain't on the team" iSaIh WiLsOn

man thanks for reminding me .... people wanted Robinson fired too. wow
really hoping the Julio deal exorcised J-Rob's demons. he's settling into his groove now
for it is a new beginning and he has only just taken the opening bow
settle down ya'll , don't have a cow

There wasn't anyone on here who's ever called for Robinson's job aside from perhaps the Tez guy.   The debates about Robinson were always in response to how great he was compared to peers who had either built SB winning teams and/or had sustained success maintaining playoff caliber rosters. 

What happens is that the tards take any criticism as hatred - against Robinson, favorite players, and some coaches.....And like it or not, in October 2018, Henry had not lived up to his draft status aside from the KC playoff game.  To his credit, he woke up and became the best pure runner in the NFL once Tannehill took over.  Not that he didn't have a few monster games prior but the numbers pre/post RT show the difference.

6 hours ago, Come on Titans said:

good article.... Long live the King! 

If I had one critique for Henry to improve on it would be his acceleration hitting the line of scrimmage. Id also like to see him finish runs more instead of avoiding the collisions but I understand why he does it. 

Based in the man I see busting his ass to get better when he is already the best I find it hard to believe he needed a pep talk or trade rumors to light a fire under his ass .

It's clear as day he needs carries and the Titans for some reason didn't want to give em to him.

Bringing in Dion was foolish...you needed a 3rd down back..not some RB by committee shit.

10 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

I can’t believe it’s been 3 years since the Henry vs Lewis bet and debate lol

With like 4 games left in that season Lewis was getting the majority of carries, ILF who made the bet said Henry sucked and conceded the bet, Fluallen was getting Henry carries and Henry was on the trade block. 

Since then...

Henry had led the league in rushing overall, literally led the league in rushing in back to back seasons, has a 2k season, was franchise tagged and extended. He also has one of the best playoff resumes for a RB in postseason history that he will definitely add to.  

I've never seen a RB make such a turnaround, especially that far into his career. He's not far from making the HOF with a few more dominant seasons. 

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

With like 4 games left in that season Lewis was getting the majority of carries, ILF who made the bet said Henry sucked and conceded the bet, Fluallen was getting Henry carries and Henry was on the trade block. 

Since then...

Henry had led the league in rushing overall, literally led the league in rushing in back to back seasons, has a 2k season, was franchise tagged and extended. He also has one of the best playoff resumes for a RB in postseason history that he will definitely add to.  

I've never seen a RB make such a turnaround, especially that far into his career. He's not far from making the HOF with a few more dominant seasons. 

It really was crazy. He made up somewhere around 100+ touches the last 4 games lol.