Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal Passes Congress

tgo

2 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Schumer has the votes on 3.5T. LMAO! I told you all Sinema was just fooling the GOP so they could have the votes on the BP package! #GetBentDoomers ???? 

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2021/07/29/schumer-infrastructure-spending-bill-votes-501554?__twitter_impression=true

?

This is the same thing was we already knew based on what she said. She will vote to start the process but wants a lower than 3.5T final bill.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More nonsense from longtimebitch. The data doesn't lie, the GOP uses the filibuster to obstruct.    

Dems should be wildly broadcasting the fact that the GOP is trying to fund it on “user fees” (cost increases for normal people) because they refuse to raise taxes on corporations. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

?

This is the same thing was we already knew based on what she said. She will vote to start the process but wants a lower than 3.5T final bill.

Yeah I edited after reading the full article LOL

14 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

The whole “bipartisan bill” is a fraud intended to pacify idiots like Manchin and Sinema.

And in return, they will now double down harder on the idea that we don’t need to reform the filibuster because bipartisanship is possible.

Edited by Starkiller

26 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

I'm not really sure what a person who liked the original bill is supposed to think though.

I wish the real bill had passed too because it would be a better bill from my perspective.

Unless Sinema and Co. are actually as conservative as Republicans the bill could have been better if just done through reconciliation even if it would have had to be cut down from the original proposal.

I don't really see the actual value of the bipartisan compromise other than Biden getting to say that he got one done which I don't really care about more than whatever extent it is responsible for him winning again in 2024, but it's also possible he could win without a bipartisan compromise here.

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

I'm not really sure what a person who liked the original bill is supposed to think though.

I wish the real bill had passed too because it would be a better bill from my perspective.

Unless Sinema and Co. are actually as conservative as Republicans the bill could have been better if just done through reconciliation even if it would have had to be cut down from the original proposal.

I don't really see the actual value of the bipartisan compromise other than Biden getting to say that he got one done which I don't really care about more than whatever extent it is responsible for him winning again in 2024, but it's also possible he could win without a bipartisan compromise here.

A bipartisan bill does 2 major things:

1. Earmarks. 

2. Frees up Manchin/Sinema to mod the filibuster for voting rights...because of #1. 

"But they won't do it." 

8 hours ago, luvyablue256 said:

A bipartisan bill does 2 major things:

1. Earmarks. 

2. Frees up Manchin/Sinema to mod the filibuster for voting rights...because of #1. 

"But they won't do it." 

I don’t understand the logic behind 2. It seems like this bill would be evidence that bipartisanship can work so why would it encourage them to modify the filibuster?

2 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I don’t understand the logic behind 2. It seems like this bill would be evidence that bipartisanship can work so why would it encourage them to modify the filibuster?

Because they know the filibuster (as it currently stands) would be used to derail any voting rights effort. 

Earmarks traditionally have been used to help Senators make tough votes. If Manchin & Sinema vote to mod the filibuster, they can go back home and say "but I also got these raggedy ass roads fixed too." 

They could also spin the voting rights bill in a way that moderates/conservatives in their states would be comfortable with. "We fought for election security provisions"

Edited by luvyablue256

Democratic voters have to get over this "we always lose" shit. The fact that this bill is going to pass is a HUGE deal on many fronts. 

We essentially got Republicans to agree to potentially shape-shifting environmental improvements! 

Turn off the goddamn MSNBC & CNN for a few weeks and smell the fuckin' roses!

Edited by luvyablue256

• tgo changed the title to Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal Passes Congress