SCOTUS to hear MS abortion law

ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This, but it's also so much more than this.    Abortion, as an ideological platform for conservatives is a relatively new phenomenon and it taps into the punitive mindset of conservatives. 

I rest my case.    Common scenario:    Woman is pregnant. Woman looks forward to having baby. Baby is named, baby has a room in the house, baby is announced on instagram. Woman fin

Have you ever seen or done one?  Have you ever been to the NICU?    Abortion is a topic I stay away from. I have seen abortion done because parents did not want a certain sex. I have seen 14 ye

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

And so it begins…

No one to blame but 2016 voters. One of my pet peeves. If a women's right to choose is a core belief of yours, you had no choice but to vote for Clinton. Now we have to deal with the repercussions of a heavily slanted Supreme Court.

Edited by oldschool

If Roe v. Wade is struck down or weakened, it will be Bernie's legacy. He pulled the "rigged primary" card B.S. (sound familiar?) and signaled to his supporters to not support Hillary. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/bernie-sanders-2016-rigged-wont-pledge-support-winner.html 

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/545812242/1-in-10-sanders-primary-voters-ended-up-supporting-trump-survey-finds

6 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

If Roe v. Wade is struck down or weakened, it will be Bernie's legacy. He pulled the "rigged primary" card B.S. (sound familiar?) and signaled to his supporters to not support Hillary. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/bernie-sanders-2016-rigged-wont-pledge-support-winner.html 

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/545812242/1-in-10-sanders-primary-voters-ended-up-supporting-trump-survey-finds

You are so stupid lol

15 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Do you have any evidence to refute or are you just talking out of your ass?

My take here is that you have a particular ideological axe to grind with Sanders and his supporters so you will place all the blame on him and them.

It seems like to me in reality that singling them out doesn't makes much sense. Why not blame Black people who also showed up at much lower rates for Clinton than they had for Obama? There's blame to go around. You can blame voters generally or even Democrats (voters and elites) for selecting Clinton herself. She ended up the second most unpopular candidate ever, something Obama and Biden were able to avoid.

Also Bernie primary voters did show up at similar rates to Clinton voters showing up for Obama in 2008. I don't think they were uniquely driven to not show up.

Edited by Titans279

42 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

It won’t be on Bernie, but it will be on the Bernie Bros and anyone else who didn’t vote for Hillary

17 minutes ago, Come on Titans said:

I've posted this before....

Even though this is a politically advantageous argument I don't think it's really true.

If abortion is made illegal the number of abortions will drop. There will still be illegal ones but a ban is not going to have no effect on the total number of abortions.

51 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

My take here is that you have a particular ideological axe to grind with Sanders and his supporters so you will place all the blame on him and them.

It seems like to me in reality that singling them out doesn't makes much sense. Why not blame Black people who also showed up at much lower rates for Clinton than they had for Obama? There's blame to go around. You can blame voters generally or even Democrats (voters and elites) for selecting Clinton herself. She ended up the second most unpopular candidate ever, something Obama and Biden were able to avoid.

Also Bernie primary voters did show up at similar rates to Clinton voters showing up for Obama in 2008. I don't think they were uniquely driven to not show up.

The drop in Black voters contributed to it also, but there was no preferred Black candidate that lost the primary, claimed it was rigged, and publicly said they wouldn't support Clinton. 

Edited by luvyablue256

7 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

The drop in Black voters contributed to it also, but there was no preferred Black candidate that lost the primary, claimed it was rigged, and publicly said they wouldn't support Clinton. 

Bernie did support Clinton in 2016. He stumped all over the place for her and urged his supporters to vote for her. 

But assuming what you said for the sake of argument what excuse do Black people have then? Seems even worse that they didn’t show up without being misled by a leader (but again Bernie did campaign heavily for Clinton). 

Btw the exit polls show that Black people voted at a lower rate for Biden in 2020 than Clinton in 2016!