TR Dynasty Draft

2 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Yeah it’s a pretty shit draft. 

Unless you were looking at drafting a QB or one of the top WRs then you're pretty much drafting a crapshoot. I look at this year's RBs and gag.

Then again, you never know. I traded back into the 3rd round a couple years ago not looking to draft anyone particular but just felt like getting back in to try and bolster my WR depth. Wound up drafting Terry McLaurin. Now he's my #1, or #2 depending on how well Smith does.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thing is, like regular fantasy there are a lot of ways to build a team and win smart and you have to strategize and make decisions based on your roster--and whether or not you are in win now mode.

Ready whenever. I would just ask that when this starts all are present to respond to some trade requests. If my early action doesn't work I will pick very quickly, but I have a lot of trades on the ta

It's easy to explain the QB value in this league.   There are only 32 starting QB's in the NFL.  In any given season, 10-15 of them are solid fantasy starters you can rely upon.  

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Unless you were looking at drafting a QB or one of the top WRs then you're pretty much drafting a crapshoot. I look at this year's RBs and gag.

Then again, you never know. I traded back into the 3rd round a couple years ago not looking to draft anyone particular but just felt like getting back in to try and bolster my WR depth. Wound up drafting Terry McLaurin. Now he's my #1, or #2 depending on how well Smith does.

Right. I think the point of loading up on these picks is that you want to take as many reasonable fliers as you can. 

Some of those seconds and thirds are going to pan out. It's hard to forecast how good these guys will be past the top ten or so picks, but when you are building for the future you can hang on to some young guys. The value of these picks really depends on the direction your team is going in IMO

Just ran the numbers (not that anyone cares): 

QBs (3):

Lawrence (21), Mayfield (26), Hurts (22)

Total Age: 69   Avg Age: 23

RBs (8):

Taylor (22), Etienne (22), Harris (24), Singletary (23), Dallas (22), Sermon (22), Hubbard (21), Stevenson (23)

Total Age: 179   Avg Age: 22.4

WRs (7):

AJ (23), Lamb (22), Aiyuk (23), Claypool (22), Mooney (23), St. Brown (21), Collins (22)

Total Age: 156   Avg Age: 22.3

TEs (3):

Pitts (20), Kmet (22), Bryant (23)

Total Age: 65   Avg Age: 21.7

Core Total Age: 469   Core Avg Age: 22.3

Observations:

• Geriatric Baker Mayfield is really throwing me off. Now you can see why I tried so hard to trade him. 
  • Lawrence, Etienne, Taylor, Collins. Why did I draft so many guys I want to see bust? 
  • I look forward to picking in the top 5 again next season. And probably the season after. 

See you in 2-4 years! 

Sorry about the picking up of “free agents” earlier. I was concerned I didn’t understand when the waiver auctions began. Once the first pickup worked I wasn’t sure if it was working as intended.

But Ninja can just reverse those moves.

47 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Sorry about the picking up of “free agents” earlier. I was concerned I didn’t understand when the waiver auctions began. Once the first pickup worked I wasn’t sure if it was working as intended.

If you are uncertain, err on the side of making the move. No worries. 

Our noble commish @NashvilleNinja is up to the task. 

52 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

3 minutes ago, Bink said:

If you are uncertain, err on the side of making the move. No worries. 

Our noble commish @NashvilleNinja is up to the task. 

I think when the league moved to the new league year. Either that or idk what I'm talking about.

I am in the process of ascertaining the particulars of the situation. Nobility shall prevail!