Agressive move: trade Lewan right now for a first in 2022 to Denver?

Bongo59

4 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

Yup, just trade everyone. We are in full rebuild mode and only have a top 10 QB and Number one rusher to fall back on so we should just blow it up. 

Hmmm. That doesn't remotely resemble what I said. I expressed hesitancy but a willingness to do it. Remember, we won 11 games and Henry rushed for 2,000 yards WITHOUT  Lewan for the better part of the year. Might be a good idea to not take such liberty with people's ideas... 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Delete this.

why did you knuckleheads respond? and yes, I'm well aware I'm in that group too.

Bongo, RassKass, Joel and Tolar all on board...

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Hmmm. That doesn't remotely resemble what I said. I expressed hesitancy but a willingness to do it. Remember, we won 11 games and Henry rushed for 2,000 yards WITHOUT  Lewan for the better part of the year. Might be a good idea to not take such liberty with people's ideas... 

you’re wanting to do a trade based on what some people are predicting. No one is taking liberties with what you said. You want us to trade our best olineman because some people predicted we would suck this year. 

Lewan way over-valued here for a few reasons...

Titans offered a first to TL's deal coming off a serious leg injury? A man that big? With his history of "enhancement"?

The Titans would be fools not to take the deal...

I have concerns Lewan is on the down slope and it could be rapid, but really only as a gut feel sort of thing. I don't think there is a specific reason to think he won't be a top end LT this season and I don't think the likely downgrade at the position a trade would produce is a good idea.

59 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

I have concerns Lewan is on the down slope and it could be rapid, but really only as a gut feel sort of thing. I don't think there is a specific reason to think he won't be a top end LT this season and I don't think the likely downgrade at the position a trade would produce is a good idea.

That and this team is built to win now.  Can't be waiting on a LT to develop while Henry and Tannehil are in their prime.

9 hours ago, Dinx81 said:

you’re wanting to do a trade based on what some people are predicting. No one is taking liberties with what you said. You want us to trade our best olineman because some people predicted we would suck this year. 

The projection was just part of the calculation-- the last part if you'll notice.

You said this: "Yup, just trade everyone. We are in full rebuild mode and only have a top 10 QB and Number one rusher to fall back on so we should just blow it up."

EVERYONE? That was your word choice, not mine. I never said we were in FULL REBUILD MODE; you did. You said BLOW IT UP, not me. 

My thought was with some regret to do the Lewan deal. It's not like we can only win with Lewan installed at LT. In fact, we won 11 games with him missing much of the season. Even without Lewan factored in, the 3 tackles likely to play this coming season seem more solid than the 3 who played for most of last season.

I'm not saying Lewan is not a player. He is, but just over-valued. Getting a, PERHAPS, top ten pick from a desperate team is enticing. 

6 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

The projection was just part of the calculation-- the last part if you'll notice.

You said this: "Yup, just trade everyone. We are in full rebuild mode and only have a top 10 QB and Number one rusher to fall back on so we should just blow it up."

EVERYONE? That was your word choice, not mine. I never said we were in FULL REBUILD MODE; you did. You said BLOW IT UP, not me. 

My thought was with some regret to do the Lewan deal. It's not like we can only win with Lewan installed at LT. In fact, we won 11 games with him missing much of the season. Even without Lewan factored in, the 3 tackles likely to play this coming season seem more solid than the 3 who played for most of last season.

I'm not saying Lewan is not a player. He is, but just over-valued. Getting a, PERHAPS, top ten pick from a desperate team is enticing. 

We know how you like to talk about how bad we were after the undefeated run, yet when Lewan played we were 5-0!

2 minutes ago, japan said:

We know how you like to talk about how bad we were after the undefeated run, yet when Lewan played we were 5-0!

I know that. I said he was a player-- just over-rated. That 5-0 run was against weak teams-- with the exception of Buffalo. We BARELY won those games, remember... last minute scores as I recall on at least three of them against Denver, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Houston.

If it comforts you to broad-brush it, go ahead. I think facts matter. Winning is nice but how you win or lose is instructive.

To finish your story, we went .500 after that opening run... and "that's the rest of the story."

5 hours ago, rns90 said:

That and this team is built to win now.  Can't be waiting on a LT to develop while Henry and Tannehil are in their prime.

The window was shut last year. We had a chance to possibly win it all if J Rob didnt stink in FA and draft class. 

11 hours ago, rns90 said:

That's all that really needs to be said.  The only 3 supporting this are 3 of the dumber posters on this board.

Imagine being lumped into the same category as those guys in anything.... just need some of the dumber political people like LTF, Little Earl and Righteous to really sweep the special olympics trophies

41 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Why is it that the dumbest people on the board keep pounding the table to trade Lewan? It’s obviously not related to cap 

I don't see anyone "pounding the table." I see an idea proposed and I see some frightened by it... very "interesting" to be frightened or angered by an idea to the point of name-calling.

With the way the offensive line played last year without him, rotating his tackle position for what are considered veteran role players, the move was to cut him instead of several others that will inevitably cost the Titans this coming season. I love how some commented about setting up another Super Bowl run. What run? We got lucky during week 17 in 2019 without Watson and played are two best games rising to the occasion like many teams have done throughout the years as overlooked underdogs. Be that it played out, players like Casey, Ryan, Smith, Davis, Correra and Vaccaro were all major factors not on this roster today.