Julio Jones alternative: Odell Beckham?

https://sportsnaut.com/odell-beckham-jr-cleveland-browns-trade/

I'll go ahead and preface this by saying that if JRob does make a big trade for a vet receiver Julio Jones is a lot more likely.

That being said, according to that article OBJ has no more dead money on his contract which would make restructuring easier. OBJ is coming off a major injury and his stint in Cleveland has been less than stellar. Might these facts possibly make it easier to get him cheaper than we'd get Julio?

Personally I'd prefer Julio. He's more the mold of what they look for, he hasn't torn an ACL, and he's not the insufferable diva OBJ has been. But if Julio is an impossibility would OBJ be a viable gamble/alternative? 

38 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

https://sportsnaut.com/odell-beckham-jr-cleveland-browns-trade/

I'll go ahead and preface this by saying that if JRob does make a big trade for a vet receiver Julio Jones is a lot more likely.

That being said, according to that article OBJ has no more dead money on his contract which would make restructuring easier. OBJ is coming off a major injury and his stint in Cleveland has been less than stellar. Might these facts possibly make it easier to get him cheaper than we'd get Julio?

Personally I'd prefer Julio. He's more the mold of what they look for, he hasn't torn an ACL, and he's not the insufferable diva OBJ has been. But if Julio is an impossibility would OBJ be a viable gamble/alternative? 

I like th emove but his numbers the last 4 yrs look a lot like CDavis.  

4 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

I think his days of being a stud might be over.  Would he be valuable in this offense more than others because of 11 and 22.......no doubt.  

We wouldn't need him to be the #1. That's ABJ's place. But that's probably the reason it wouldn't likely work out because like SK said above he'd bitch out over not seeing the ball more. Plus, idk how willing he'd be as a blocker. 

That being said, and this is without knowing the Browns philosophy in the passing game compared to the Titans, it seems like he'd be the deep target whenever we take shots so it's not like he wouldn't get work. And on short/intermediate routes he can make his own plays if he still has that in him. 

The only upsides in acquiring Beckham are that it wouldn't cost as much compensation and his contract is pretty much an easy cut after 2021 if he doesn't work out.  

6 minutes ago, rns90 said:

The only upsides in acquiring Beckham are that it wouldn't cost as much compensation and his contract is pretty much an easy cut after 2021 if he doesn't work out.  

If he's JAG there is no upside. You'd be better off going after a guy like Crowder or some other potential free agent. 

He's younger than Julio, but he's also had two serious season-ending injuries in the last four seasons and inbetween those has played like a shell of the guy before.

The only way it'd be feasible/worth trying is if he came at an enormous discount, akin to getting someone like Crowder in free agency or maybe slightly more than that.  And that's if it didn't work out trying to trade for Julio, if we're even considering that

5 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Browns aint letting him go now with all this recent success. You could argue they beat KC in the playoff game if OBJ was there.

Even if we assume OBJ would have made a difference...the fact that he wasn’t available for such a critical game is a red flag;  injuries are one of the many reservations people have with him.  

OBJ is a good player, for sure...but It’s been a few years since he was a real difference maker.   And I’m not sure he realizes it.  

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

We wouldn't need him to be the #1. That's ABJ's place. But that's probably the reason it wouldn't likely work out because like SK said above he'd bitch out over not seeing the ball more. Plus, idk how willing he'd be as a blocker. 

That being said, and this is without knowing the Browns philosophy in the passing game compared to the Titans, it seems like he'd be the deep target whenever we take shots so it's not like he wouldn't get work. And on short/intermediate routes he can make his own plays if he still has that in him. 

I don't disagree.  I actually think TN would be a rebirth for him because of 11 and 22.  Tanny also would be the best QB he has had.  I just would not pay big for him.  

• 3 weeks later...

Attention Titans Fans:

1. Corey Davis was replaced by Josh Reynolds

2. Jonnu Smith has not been replaced

So unless Julio Jones or Odell Beckham Jr are ready to block LBs there's no trades coming.

Archived