• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After I see how good he is I'll make a judgement on his guilt or innocence 

A Titan defender that can hit somebody!  I like it

They released her at the scene.  She went to the hospital 4 days later.  Almost like she found out who he was.....$$$$$    

Posted Images

This entire thing is getting blown out of proportion. Weaver can't be expected to call every team right before the draft and say "hey guys some chick at a bar last week is saying I punched her."

And the Titans can't be blamed for not knowing this happened or even doing an intensive background check the week of the draft. 

All of the interviews and homework was done before that week. Putting all that aside, this is ALLEGED not proven or convicted. 

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

This entire thing is getting blown out of proportion. Weaver can't be expected to call every team right before the draft and say "hey guys some chick at a bar last week is saying I punched her."

And the Titans can't be blamed for not knowing this happened or even doing an intensive background check the week of the draft. 

All of the interviews and homework was done before that week. Putting all that aside, this is ALLEGED not proven or convicted. 

The fact that 3 other teams knew about it means the info was out there when we drafted him and after last year's debacle, they should have turned over every stone before drafting him.

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

The fact that 3 other teams knew about it means the info was out there when we drafted him and after last year's debacle, they should have turned over every stone before drafting him.

No we don't know that. See my posts up thread. Explain to me how 32 teams can monitor hundreds of draft candidates the days leading up to the draft. The premise is flawed.

46 minutes ago, oldschool said:

How? Scan the wire in every city for prospects on the board?

Stay in close contact with the player/his agent. Ask if anything has changed or something has come up a day or two before the draft. At least make them lie to you. We all know that teams only even consider a fraction of draft eligible players draftable and even less of those are under heavy consideration. No one is asking them to sic a private investigator on 300 prospects. It won't prevent everything but it would've in this case unless the player/agent was willing to bold faced lie and lose any credibility going forward. Guilty guys might even feel like they've been caught when the team calls close to the draft asks questions like that. If they did that, then fair enough but I don't think they did. 

18 minutes ago, japan said:

That could be a ton of guys in the later rounds. Who knows who will be available. 

While teams might have up to 200 players on their draft boards they further break it down by having smaller pods they are really keen to actually draft, its this smaller pod of players I'm talking about keeping a closer eye on as the draft approaches.

I don't know if this incident changes anything. Maybe as a 1st rounder but not this late a pick. This close to the draft it's basically in the same bucket as if it happened just after the draft.

Character checks are supposed to highlight patterns. There isn't much a team can do if a clean player suddenly starts the troublesome patterns really late or after being selected.

Edited by OzTitan

Moving away from the question of whether or not they should have known about the incident (they should have), there is another issue with JRob's evaluation. 

They just drafted a guy who told a cop straight up that he thinks you need to smack a woman sometimes. Rationalize to me how JRob shouldn't have known about this guy's character? What an idiot. You're coming off a terrible year of miscalculations, you draft a major injury risk in the 1st, and you also take the one guy in the draft with a female assault incident. 

At some point it's not bad luck; it's a pattern. 

Edited by cenj