Rashad Weaver Charged with Simple Assault

tgo

6 minutes ago, japan said:

Wow. Lot of confusion….

Which further supports the idea banking on scouts to call prospects leading up to the draft and relying on self reporting is foolish. should they call daily? the day before the draft? day of the draft, etc.... 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After I see how good he is I'll make a judgement on his guilt or innocence 

A Titan defender that can hit somebody!  I like it

They released her at the scene.  She went to the hospital 4 days later.  Almost like she found out who he was.....$$$$$    

Posted Images

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

Which further supports the idea banking on scouts to call prospects leading up to the draft and relying on self reporting is foolish. should they call daily? the day before the draft? day of the draft, etc.... 

They should only call each guy in their area once in the 10 days leading up to the draft, I think that's doable. But certainly not daily obviously

But then, can you really hold it against Weaver if the agent advised him not to mention the incident if they thought it wouldn't lead to charges? I don't think so. 

And if the charge was indeed filed on the 30th, you certainly can't hold it against the Titans for not knowing about the charge itself. 

3 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

There hasn’t been any sort of adjudication on the merits yet. Not even a prelim. 

So, similar to the positive Covids later year.  Immediately people screaming “Heads should roll” w/o any kind of factual information from an investigation of the incident.

57 minutes ago, tgo said:

They should only call each guy in their area once in the 10 days leading up to the draft, I think that's doable. But certainly not daily obviously

But then, can you really hold it against Weaver if the agent advised him not to mention the incident if they thought it wouldn't lead to charges? I don't think so. 

And if the charge was indeed filed on the 30th, you certainly can't hold it against the Titans for not knowing about the charge itself. 

Right. I was working off of the report that the info was available on the 20th. Unless new info surfaces, there was very little the Titans could've done to find out about this one. Just got unlucky this time.

11 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I’m starting to think this is a nothing burger. 

Well, it’s not nothing, but it isn’t something they are going to waive him over. He didn’t beat her up and he didn’t sexually assault her. 

At worst it sounds like he may have pushed her and she fell and hit her head. Hell, she got up and went to another bar…

Edited by Starkiller

14 minutes ago, tgo said:

Did she really?

I think I read that, but admittedly I’m going off memory. Certainly she didn’t go to the hospital until a day or 2 later so it’s not as if he left her bleeding on the street.

11 hours ago, tgo said:

And why would an agent want to proactively hurt his draft stock? 

They wouldn’t. Im saying they wouldn’t tell you even if they knew something if they can help it. The idea that at least they would have to lie to you is plausible though. 

14 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

What we don't know and maybe our legal experts on here can shed light on is when the charge would have been public record.  4/30?  5/1?  5/3?

@ChesterCopperpot1 ?

Even if it was 4/30, it could have been right at the end of the day as those things often happen on Fridays in court.