Rashad Weaver Charged with Simple Assault

tgo

11 minutes ago, Face said:

Dodd was a little different though. He had a foot fracture that took forever to heal & it really discouraged him. I think even after he was able to get back on the field he lost some zip & lost his confidence. Foot injuries are killers, Jevon Kearse was a shell of himself after he broke his foot. I think he gave up cause he just knew he didn’t have any juice left. That’s one thing.  But Wilson & Beasley are a whole other. 

I have to say, after this Weaver thing Im wondering if Vrabel has possibly influenced Robinson at all, to possibly overlook certain aspects of a player that they really love physically. Probably not, but I can see Vrabel as a guy who thinks he can get thru to difficult personalities. 

Come on!  Don't fall into hitting the blame Vrabel easy button......Vrabel works for Robinson, not the other way around.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After I see how good he is I'll make a judgement on his guilt or innocence 

A Titan defender that can hit somebody!  I like it

They released her at the scene.  She went to the hospital 4 days later.  Almost like she found out who he was.....$$$$$    

Posted Images

I imagine every NFL team has completed full character evaluations and background checks on dozens or hundreds of draft prospects weeks before the draft actually happens.     Is it worthwhile to re-run those same dozens of background checks 24-48 hours before the draft to scour for any new last-minute developments?     Hell, I don't know.    It's up to each team to make that decision.

I'm guessing a lot of teams have scouting staffs who have been in the game for 10-20 years working with multiple organizations and different staffs.....so they all know each other;  they're sharing info and communicating back and forth.   

If the Titans' staff is a bunch of younger guys, they probably haven't developed relationships with veteran scouts in other organizations.....especially not after the various travel restrictions and the cancellation of the past couple NFL combines, which is where most of the NFL schmoozing and socializing happens.

Do the Titans have glaring gaps and shortcomings in their character evaluation process?    Entirely possible;   their recent track record certainly suggests that could be the case.

Or maybe their scouts simply don't have the extensive network of sources and contacts that veteran scouts possess....which leaves them a bit behind the curve with late-breaking news and insider information.

1 minute ago, nine said:

Do the Titans have a glaring shortcomings in their character evaluation process?    Entirely possible.    Or maybe their scouts simply don't have the extensive network of sources and contacts that veteran scouts possess....which leaves them a bit behind the curve with late-breaking news and insider information.

I think it's very possible it's the latter which is why I was skeptical of getting rid of all the older veteran scouts. But it's a tradeoff. Robinson has a very particular grading system and methodology that he wants to train people to follow, but the tradeoff is the loss of connections and sources from the older guys. 

This entire thing is getting blown out of proportion. Weaver can't be expected to call every team right before the draft and say "hey guys some chick at a bar last week is saying I punched her."

And the Titans can't be blamed for not knowing this happened or even doing an intensive background check the week of the draft. 

All of the interviews and homework was done before that week. Putting all that aside, this is ALLEGED not proven or convicted. 

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

This entire thing is getting blown out of proportion. Weaver can't be expected to call every team right before the draft and say "hey guys some chick at a bar last week is saying I punched her."

And the Titans can't be blamed for not knowing this happened or even doing an intensive background check the week of the draft. 

All of the interviews and homework was done before that week. Putting all that aside, this is ALLEGED not proven or convicted. 

The fact that 3 other teams knew about it means the info was out there when we drafted him and after last year's debacle, they should have turned over every stone before drafting him.

42 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

The fact that 3 other teams knew about it means the info was out there when we drafted him and after last year's debacle, they should have turned over every stone before drafting him.

We READ that SOMEONE SAID a couple other teams knew about.

we don’t know sh*t.

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

No we don't know that. See my posts up thread. Explain to me how 32 teams can monitor hundreds of draft candidates the days leading up to the draft. The premise is flawed.

Did people miss the guy with the handle RashadWeaver telling you to ask him anything?  He had some unique looking icon on his avatar.  Is there a Verified option on here for your profile?

Edited by TerryBoats

53 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Wouldn't teams keep their focus more on guys they have some interest in drafting.

That could be a ton of guys in the later rounds. Who knows who will be available. 

46 minutes ago, oldschool said:

How? Scan the wire in every city for prospects on the board?

Stay in close contact with the player/his agent. Ask if anything has changed or something has come up a day or two before the draft. At least make them lie to you. We all know that teams only even consider a fraction of draft eligible players draftable and even less of those are under heavy consideration. No one is asking them to sic a private investigator on 300 prospects. It won't prevent everything but it would've in this case unless the player/agent was willing to bold faced lie and lose any credibility going forward. Guilty guys might even feel like they've been caught when the team calls close to the draft asks questions like that. If they did that, then fair enough but I don't think they did. 

18 minutes ago, japan said:

That could be a ton of guys in the later rounds. Who knows who will be available. 

While teams might have up to 200 players on their draft boards they further break it down by having smaller pods they are really keen to actually draft, its this smaller pod of players I'm talking about keeping a closer eye on as the draft approaches.