Titans decline to pick-up option for LB Rashaan Evans

titansfan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all knew Evans wasn’t getting the 5th year option.    He has always stood out on the goal line, but otherwise he has been a disappointment. If they want to get something out of him, use him

He was solid in 2019. He wasn’t great, but he definitely wasn’t a massive liability like he was every single game last year. He also showed up in big spots in the 2 playoff wins.    You’re righ

He gone.    

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Show me some plays where he's rushing from the edge since you claim they've done so......Even in the remote chance you can do so, I know these plays did not result in sacks since I found the 5 plays that did and on none of them was he lined up as the edge rusher......

When they have used him as a pass rusher, it's a delayed blitz or blitz from the MLB spot aside from that one play from the Falcon game.  Not the edge.

Now go clean the latrine Private ILF! 

Sad. You’ve been riding Oman’s jock for years. Now you turn to riding ME’s. 

I’m not going to go find you the plays he’s rushed outside. He’s done it. It’s a fact. I didn’t say he was great at it. Anyways we are done here. Feel free to reply or whatever. 

I remember his rookie year in the Houston game in garbage time he lined up wide & had a great burst, Watson had to throw it away. But that  was one play 3 years ago.

I mean at this point, what is Evans going to do for us? Even if he gets better at diagnosing things & tackling, a LBer in the NFL now has to at least cover or blitz well, preferably both. Sure, you want a good run player, but LBer has really become a pass/3rd down position. He’s never going to be a cover player, that’s for sure, but what was most disappointing to me is how little disruption he causes as a blitzer. He was very good at this in college & they sent him a lot but he did nothing with his blitzes last year. It’s amazing how much better Darius Leonard is getting after the QB. But Evans is what he is now, I expect nothing & the team has probably already moved on. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Sad. You’ve been riding Oman’s jock for years. Now you turn to riding ME’s. 

I’m not going to go find you the plays he’s rushed outside. He’s done it. It’s a fact. I didn’t say he was great at it. Anyways we are done here. Feel free to reply or whatever. 

Show me where he's done it with the Titans or STFU about it.   Maybe you can find that one snap from 3 years ago in a blow out loss!  And this whole "I didn't say he was great at it" is hilarious since last season you were complaining that they were not doing it.  

Regardless, it's very clear the Titans don't think he can do it or they'd not be wasting 10's of millions of dollars drafting and signing edge rushers......But I'm sure you know better......

18 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Show me where he's done it with the Titans or STFU about it.   Maybe you can find that one snap from 3 years ago in a blow out loss!  And this whole "I didn't say he was great at it" is hilarious since last season you were complaining that they were not doing it.  

Regardless, it's very clear the Titans don't think he can do it or they'd not be wasting 10's of millions of dollars drafting and signing edge rushers......But I'm sure you know better......

I never said he was good at it. I said it was worth trying him out at it like they’ve done previously. I’m not going to go through thousands of snaps to find when he’s rushed outside, but as I said he’s done it several times in sub-packages. He didn’t do it last year. He did it in 19 & 18. 

Either way, you’re taking the argument so far into minutia it’s honestly ridiculous. We’re done here. 

55 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I never said he was good at it. I said it was worth trying him out at it like they’ve done previously. I’m not going to go through thousands of snaps to find when he’s rushed outside, but as I said he’s done it several times in sub-packages. He didn’t do it last year. He did it in 19 & 18. 

Either way, you’re taking the argument so far into minutia it’s honestly ridiculous. We’re done here. 

Of course you're not and even if you did, you'd see that Evans was not lined up as an edge rusher in a sub package in 2018 or 2019 either. 

In the base or the nickel - Evans is manning the middle most of the time and occasionally he's playing the weak side with Brown in the middle. 

Now, in the wide 9 dime package that they would use on 3rd and +10, I found multiple plays where they had Evans and Brown on the DL lined up over a Tackle along with a NT and the two edge rushers.  They often dropped them in zone coverage at the snap while rushing Landry and Wake from the edge and Casey from a NT position but there were some plays where they would rush either Brown or Evans but it wasn't from the edge but they were playing straight over the tackle.  Like this one......

image.png.045195e87e034ddbbfa0d6266836c2a5.png

You know what I didn't see?  Evans rushing from the edge.  Ever.  Aside from the dime/wide 9 package, when Evans did rush the passer on design, it far more often was as a blitz/delayed blitz up the middle where he was lined up off the line of scrimmage.

You may cry about the minutia of it but I watch the game film view of the games and clearly I'm assuming you don't.  That's partly why I know what the fuck I'm talking about and you don't.

24 minutes ago, rns90 said:

The fact that you guys are discussing his pass rush ability (or lackthereof) shows what a gigantic disappointment this guy has been.

The big regression with Evans was simply being out of position far too often in coverage or run support.  Focusing on the pass rush is inconsequential because that's not his role nor has the team made it his role......Of course, the Lewan like penalties last year didn't help either. 

At least the team has options if his play doesn't improve.

50 minutes ago, rns90 said:

The fact that you guys are discussing his pass rush ability (or lackthereof) shows what a gigantic disappointment this guy has been.

Very sad. I loved him coming out of Bama and wanted us to draft him. I was pumped when we did. Oh well.