Thoughts on the AFC South post free agency and the draft

5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

ok since you always claim to know everything what would have you done differently this off-season? 

It's not about what he would have done differently.  The Titans made some very positive moves IMO but there's only so much any team can do in one offseason.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans have distanced themselves in the division 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It's not about what he would have done differently.  The Titans made some very positive moves IMO but there's only so much any team can do in one offseason.

Exactly

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

This idea the Colts are screwed because they lost Constanzo is funny. The Colts have a good roster and likely upgraded QB. If Wentz is anywhere close to the guy he was in 2017, they are right there with the Titans.

Upgrade at QB ??? Rivers way better than Wentz

Just now, SuperFreak90 said:

Upgrade at QB ??? Rivers way better than Wentz

In his prime yes but River was washed up last year and cost them a better record. Wentz could def crash and burn with the Colts too. I've said over and over again Wentz will be upgrade IF  he returns to his 2017 form. 

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Not true at all. I'm factoring in the injuries and lackluster play. Fulton was not anything special when he played last year and jackson was garbage after coming back. If you recall I told you jackson would not save the defense and I was right. Right now the team has swapped Butler for Jenkins and is relying on Fulton to be good (pretty funny they drafted Farley and Molden) as the draft would seem to show the Titans don't have a ton of faith in their 2nd round CB from the 2020 draft.  In addition, you are vastly underselling the communications issues and the fact over half the starters will be new this year. I think the Titans defense has the potential to be improved in 2021 largely based on the fact it was so bad last year but I don't for one second think its an absolute which is what I've been seeing stated on this board a lot over the past 48 hours.

Don't mistake my reservations about the defense for being contrarian. I like the Farley pick and think hooker will be an upgrade to Vaccaro. It will be interesting to see if Fulton grows into his draft slot as well. I don't like what the Titans did to address the front 7 at all and as you know I was pretty adamant the real issue with the defense last year was the front 7, not the secondary.

The Farley and Moldin picks, especially the Moldin one, are specifically with the idea of cutting Jenkins next year and having all 3 of our starting CBs on rookie contracts. I don’t think it says anything about Fulton tbh. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

The Farley and Moldin picks, especially the Moldin one, are specifically with the idea of cutting Jenkins next year and having all 3 of our starting CBs on rookie contracts. I don’t think it says anything about Fulton tbh. 

Yeah Jenkins is the veteran presence in the young CB room. That's fine, his deal is mainly a one year deal. 

9 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Any way you frame it, the Titans spent a 1st and 3rd on CB after spending a 2nd on Fulton last year. Thats a lot of investment into CB. I wonder if they will start Fulton and jenkins outside and bring Farley along in the slot to get his feet wet. Farley has the talent to play anywhere so it would make sense.

16 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Any way you frame it, the Titans spent a 1st and 3rd on CB after spending a 2nd on Fulton last year. Thats a lot of investment into CB. I wonder if they will start Fulton and jenkins outside and bring Farley along in the slot to get his feet wet. Farley has the talent to play anywhere so it would make sense.

It’s going to be interesting. If it were me I would have Moldin starting day one at nickel and never move him. Once Farley is up and running it’s a battle for the 2 spot between Jenkins and Fulton. I think Jenkins wins that battle and Fulton becomes the dime CB until next year when he slots into the #2. 

1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

We have downgraded talent and experience at a number of positions, *but* we have inexperience and ineffectiveness at offensive and defensive coordinator positions! :)

This is what has to happens if you have the QB in place and you want to stay good. It requires getting rid of higher priced guys who weren’t world beaters and replacing them thru the draft or FA

37 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Did you see our CB depth last season?

I don't know why people are talking like @oldschoolis crazy. I do expect the defense to be better only because they were so horrendous last year it's hard to repeat that but how much better they will be is completely up in the air and definitely worth discussing. No one has said as much but anyone expecting anything resembling a top 10 defense is getting ahead of themselves.