Thoughts on the AFC South post free agency and the draft

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans have distanced themselves in the division 

The poor draft and head scratching unwillingness of the Colts to properly address the LT position has certainly raised questions whether they should be considered favourites to take the AFC South Titl

Firsker basically took over Humphries role when he went down 

Reynolds can replace Davis production.

Biggest question mark is TE and teams are already calling JR about available TEs on their roster.

1 hour ago, TeamRamrod said:

There is multiple quality veteran LT free agents. I think Indy will be fine there. 

This idea the Colts are screwed because they lost Constanzo is funny. The Colts have a good roster and likely upgraded QB. If Wentz is anywhere close to the guy he was in 2017, they are right there with the Titans.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

This idea the Colts are screwed because they lost Constanzo is funny. The Colts have a good roster and likely upgraded QB. If Wentz is anywhere close to the guy he was in 2017, they are right there with the Titans.

If Wentz plays like 2017 Wentz they are ahead of the Titans.  

Personally I think Wentz is Trash and will struggle this season.  They'll still be decent as they have a solid defense and a great coaching staff that knows how to Maximize Wentz's strengths.  I still think he's trash though and ultimately, they don't have the talent to score 25-35 points on an upgraded Titans defense which is what it will take to beat the Titans (assuming there isn't a huge drop off on the offensive side of the ball).

Jacksonville is better but they still have a rookie QB and Etienne is good not great IMO.  Worse, they don't have the defense to really stop anyone.  They have some pieces but they have some holes and those holes will be exploited over and over all year.  

Texans are on fire and they aren't getting better any time soon.  JJ Watt and Deshaun Watson were the only things that made that team dangerous.  Without Watson slinging the ball around or Watts bullying defensive lines, you've go Tyrod Taylor PED stud Zach Cunningham to deal with.  Not exactly inspiring terror in their opponents.  They could easily be the worst team in the league this year.

Honestly, with the new format and additional teams getting into the playoffs, it would be a huge disappointment if the Titans didn't at least make it back to the playoffs and unless Wentz is much better back in Indy, they should run away with the division.  

I'm still pissed they haven't done more at WR and TE.  

Indy drafting Kwity Paye was clearly related to stopping Derrick Henry. And it was a good move, Paye is freak run defender. But obviously their season comes down to how Crason Wentz plays.

I'm sure we'll be the slight betting favorites over Indy but our offense is objectively worse than last season and our defense is a mystery.

50 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Personally I think Wentz is Trash and will struggle this season.  They'll still be decent as they have a solid defense and a great coaching staff that knows how to Maximize Wentz's strengths.  I still think he's trash though and ultimately, they don't have the talent to score 25-35 points on an upgraded Titans defense which is what it will take to beat the Titans (assuming there isn't a huge drop off on the offensive side of the ball).

Jacksonville is better but they still have a rookie QB and Etienne is good not great IMO.  Worse, they don't have the defense to really stop anyone.  They have some pieces but they have some holes and those holes will be exploited over and over all year.  

Texans are on fire and they aren't getting better any time soon.  JJ Watt and Deshaun Watson were the only things that made that team dangerous.  Without Watson slinging the ball around or Watts bullying defensive lines, you've go Tyrod Taylor PED stud Zach Cunningham to deal with.  Not exactly inspiring terror in their opponents.  They could easily be the worst team in the league this year.

Honestly, with the new format and additional teams getting into the playoffs, it would be a huge disappointment if the Titans didn't at least make it back to the playoffs and unless Wentz is much better back in Indy, they should run away with the division.  

I'm still pissed they haven't done more at WR and TE.  

Why does everyone assume the Titans are going to gave a good defense with all the new parts? Butler Fulton, and Jackson is the same as a rookie in Farley, Fulton, and Jenkins. The LBs are the same. Autry is a decent piece but not a game changer. It basically all hinges on Dupree being a game wrecker which is a massive question mark. Never mind the fact Bowen is back and we know what he is. 

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Why does everyone assume the Titans are going to gave a good defense with all the new parts? Butler Fulton, and Jackson is the same as a rookie in Farley, Fulton, and Jenkins. The LBs are the same. Autry is a decent piece but not a game changer. It basically all hinges on Dupree being a game wrecker which is a massive question mark. Never mind the fact Bowen is back and we know what he is. 

It’s clear they will be better than last year’s dumpster fire. The only question is how much better?

No one has said it will be elite or even top 10. Just being average would be a huge step in the right direction. 

The pass rush and the secondary have all improved dramatically. That alone should be enough to feel confident that things won’t be as bad as 2020. 

Edited by Starkiller
2 hours ago, TeamRamrod said:

There is multiple quality veteran LT free agents. I think Indy will be fine there. 

Maybe their GM didn't even look at LT's in the draft because he is thinking about trading for Bakhtiari.

You know, just like our GM didn't look at TE's or consider taking a WR higher because he already knows he's trading for Julio Jones.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

It’s clear they will be better than last year’s dumpster fire. The only question is how much better?

No one has said it will be elite or even top 10. Just being average would be a huge step in the right direction. 

The pass rush and the secondary have all improved dramatically. That alone should be enough to feel confident that things won’t be as bad as 2020. 

No it's not clear. You hope the defense is better. The Titans have a bad DC and had massive communication issues last year. They are going to have at least 6 new starters on defense. It takes time to gel. I think they will likely be a little better because the bar was so low but all this fist bumping stating the defense will be good is premature. Its May for crying out loud.

Just now, oldschool said:

No it's not clear. You hope the defense is better. The Titans have a bad DC and had massive communication issues last year. They are going to have at least 6 new starters on defense. It takes time to gel. I think they will likely be a little better because the bar was so low but all this fist bumping stating the defense will be good is premature. Its May for crying out loud.

It’s impossible to be worse than the defense we saw for 3/4 of the season last year. The defense did tend to settle in a little at the very end bringing more pressure.