2021 Draft Grades Thread

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Kiper doesn’t actually watch the games so he has no clue. And he routinely bases his draft grades on filling needs rather than just player quality. 

Yeah but that’s an easy one. Just take two second to Google Jackson and see he only played 3 games. Too much to ask for a guy getting paid millions to cover a sport I guess. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one has a fucking clue whether the actual players selected will turn out or not, the GMs don't even know. If you're in here talking as if you're a scout and giving your opinion on the Xs and Os the

I stopped reading at Adoree Jackson gave us a lot of snaps last year. He played 3 games and was awful in every one of them. 

Always thought grades were dumb. These guys haven't taken a snap yet.   I prefer initial impressions. Like the Farley, Radunz, Molden, and Weaver picks. Can see Molden being another steal li

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

I'm coming around on Farley but I just didn't think that the risk was worth the value.  I get that they are trying to get elite players who fell for some reason and I applaud the strategy.  I'm just not sure if I agree when so many other teams saw the same things the Titans saw and said pass.  

Having said that, I don't have access to the information the Titans do.  I have to believe that they did their due diligence or this was simply an unacceptable risk.  Only time will tell.

I'm not real excited about this draft.  I think there is potential here and we are definitely better on defense but we missed on a lot of talented players who could have helped to grab guys I had never heard of and while I'm no scout and I've been too busy to really do my homework this year, some of these picks just don't sit well with me.

Hope I'm really wrong.  

The only reasonable conclusion is that they did their due diligence, got tons of medical input from their staff, and decided his health condition is something that won't meaningfully impact his career going forward. I have the utmost confidence in their process. Where things get sketchy is that you can do all of that and still end up being wrong. It's a roll of the dice either way. 

11 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The only reasonable conclusion is that they did their due diligence, got tons of medical input from their staff, and decided his health condition is something that won't meaningfully impact his career going forward. I have the utmost confidence in their process. Where things get sketchy is that you can do all of that and still end up being wrong. It's a roll of the dice either way. 

Just because they did their due diligence and still drafted him doesn’t mean that he still isn’t a risk medically. It just means they were willing to take that risk due to his high level of talent. I remain concerned. 

That said, his ability is undeniable if he can stay healthy. 

Regarding Farley:

The Titans have a franchise QB who is in his prime and that makes them super bowl contenders for a few years.  But....they are behind a few teams( Bills, Chiefs, Bucs) in the chase.  They need a difference maker to help them pass these teams.  They hope Farley is that guy and they are willing to assume the medical risk he brings.  As I said before, the guy is likely to be either a home run or a strikeout.

What concerns me about the WR position and how we handled it is last season we saw plenty of games where Brown was mostly invisible. Fortunately we had someone the caliber of Davis to pick up the slack. Can Reynolds be good enough to do that whenever teams erase Brown? There's no way to know until the real games start and by then it's likely too late to find another guy to make that sort of impact. This is why I wanted someone like Elijah Moore. He and Reynolds probably could've easily shouldered the load in those scenarios. 

3 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

The only reasonable conclusion is that they did their due diligence, got tons of medical input from their staff, and decided his health condition is something that won't meaningfully impact his career going forward. I have the utmost confidence in their process.

This is ideally how it should be and hopefully that is what happened.  But I think it's fair not to have the utmost confidence in their process given how wrong they were with Wilson and Dodd.

3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I stopped reading at Adoree Jackson gave us a lot of snaps last year. He played 3 games and was awful in every one of them. 

Kiper's bias shows even in the listing of needs to be adding the draft and he stars with WR.

This team's problems were much more on defense and OL. Not saying that we can't use more help at WR but when you start with WR as the primary focus then guess what the grade will be?

Edited by JT2000

I give it a B. Liked all of the picks except for the Georgia LB and that we didnt get a TE. Freiermuth and Long were off the board but we still could of gotten a decent TE with that 3rd pick. 

Overall I think it was a solid draft and the lackluster in the overall team right now is just paying for the bad draft last year. 

I hate what Jrob did in the 3rd,we could draft Amari Rodgers but we trade down and get a extra 4,we reach in Monty Rice and instead of using that extra 4 to get someone like Amon-Ra St Brown,we trade up to reach again with Dez fitzpatrick(?,kid will be 24 in december and have just average production at college)

4 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Just because they did their due diligence and still drafted him doesn’t mean that he still isn’t a risk medically. It just means they were willing to take that risk due to his high level of talent. I remain concerned. 

That said, his ability is undeniable if he can stay healthy. 

Yeah. I addressed that in my post when I said you can do everything right and still have the pick but work out.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

This is ideally how it should be and hopefully that is what happened.  But I think it's fair not to have the utmost confidence in their process given how wrong they were with Wilson and Dodd.

I understand that though I would counter that the Wilson fiasco wasn't health related at all and the Dodd issue was more a lack of heart than the injury itself. Doesn't really matter though, it was a huge risk though I think it was a good one to take.

1 hour ago, Mariel said:

I hate what Jrob did in the 3rd,we could draft Amari Rodgers but we trade down and get a extra 4,we reach in Monty Rice and instead of using that extra 4 to get someone like Amon-Ra St Brown,we trade up to reach again with Dez fitzpatrick(?,kid will be 24 in december and have just average production at college)

Not sure what they saw in Fitz either.

Guess we have to just trust...,

• Jonboy unpinned this topic