2021 Draft Grades Thread

Pretty sure PFF will be the only site that gives the Titans draft an A rating.

TENNESSEE TITANS

R1 (22): CB Caleb Farley, Virginia Tech
R2 (53): OT Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State
R3 (92): LB Monty Rice, Georgia
R3 (100): SCB Elijah Molden, Washington
R4 (109): WR Dez Fitzpatrick, Louisville
R4 (135): EDGE Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh
R6 (205): WR Racey McMath, LSU
R6 (215): S Brady Breeze, Oregon

Day 1: If Farley had a clean medical report, he would have gone within the first 10 picks. He suffered a torn ACL in 2017, had a back operation in 2019 and then had another surgery in late March. That makes this a risky bet, but if he stays healthy, this is a huge steal. His 6-foot-2, 207-pound frame with 33 ⅜-inch arms is ideal for an NFL corner. Farley is also capable of running a sub-4.3-second 40-yard dash and boasts the production to back those traits up. He earned a 90.5 coverage grade in his final college season in 2019.

Day 2: Tennessee’s last swing at an offensive tackle was a disaster, as 2020 first-round pick Isaiah Wilson played just three snaps on offense — all kneel-downs — before he ran himself out of town. Dillon Radunz is a little undersized and underweight but has exceptional movement skills and the tools to be an elite pass-blocker, even if it could take a period of time to get there.

Monty Rice has been flying around finding the football between the hedges for as long we can remember, but he lost his starting spot to Nakobe Dean this past season. He’ll need to figure out what’s happening in front of him at a much higher level in the NFL, but at least he has the athleticism to work with at the pro level. He’s a great tackler, but he just needs to read the game better. 

Molden can come in and be an excellent slot cornerback, especially on a team looking to rebuild its defensive backfield. Molden, who was the highest-graded slot corner of the PFF College era, was a borderline first-round talent and falls to the bottom of the third. There’s no doubt that this is a great pick, and now Molden and Caleb Farley could change the outlook of the Titans’ season. Molden is a playmaker and a great tackler — he has so much value at this pick it’s incredible.

Day 3: The Titans got exceptional value here by selecting Rashad Weaver, PFF’s EDGE10 and the 63rd-ranked prospect in this class. He has power, ideal size/length and technical refinement, but he’s not going to impress from an athletic standpoint. He is also on the older side. Still, he has an incredibly high floor and should be able to make an impact right away. After coming off a torn ACL, Weaver posted a 90.0 pass-rush grade this past year.

Draft Grade: A

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one has a fucking clue whether the actual players selected will turn out or not, the GMs don't even know. If you're in here talking as if you're a scout and giving your opinion on the Xs and Os the

I stopped reading at Adoree Jackson gave us a lot of snaps last year. He played 3 games and was awful in every one of them. 

Always thought grades were dumb. These guys haven't taken a snap yet.   I prefer initial impressions. Like the Farley, Radunz, Molden, and Weaver picks. Can see Molden being another steal li

Posted Images

Hard for me to assign letter grades, but I'll do this categorically.

Elite:

Caleb Farley, Elijah Molden

Great picks with upside:

Dillon Radunz, Rashad Weaver

Solid / intriguing:

Dez Fitzpatrick, Brady Breeze

Indifferent / meh / who?:

Racey McMath, Monty Rice

Edited by stormi

Just now, socaltitan said:

Always thought grades were dumb. These guys haven't taken a snap yet.

I prefer initial impressions. Like the Farley, Radunz, Molden, and Weaver picks. Can see Molden being another steal like Hooker. A little meh on the others. Fills a need, just not real excited or upset about it.

I agree can’t grade for a few years 

52 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Always thought grades were dumb. These guys haven't taken a snap yet.

I prefer initial impressions. Like the Farley, Radunz, Molden, and Weaver picks. Can see Molden being another steal like Hooker. A little meh on the others. Fills a need, just not real excited or upset about it.

It’s tradition… 

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Jonboy unpinned this topic