2021 NFL Draft - Titans Select WR Dez Fitzpatrick 4th Round, 109 Overall

Jonboy

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or trade for Julio and bring in guys like Marcus Johnson.

I doubt Jon Robinson gives two shits about him being a 4th round draft picks when it comes to completing the roster 

I bet Scine yelled through his KKK hood, "FINALLY! Fitzpatrick! Ol' Fitzy's a nice white Irish receiver to play the slot!"

Posted Images

Dez and Molden are NFL ready players and should see plenty of playing time early. Weaver too depending on the legal stuff. 

Edited by tgo

My best guess on the decision to trade up for Dez: He was the last available WR in the tier of WRs who they imagined could have an early impact. It was less about really wanting Dez, and more about needing to not leave the draft without a WR who could compete for snaps day 1.

9 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

My best guess on the decision to trade up for Dez: He was the last available WR in the tier of WRs who they imagined could have an early impact. It was less about really wanting Dez, and more about needing to not leave the draft without a WR who could compete for snaps day 1.

No doubt there was a element of desperation after not getting a WR/TE on days 1 or 2, we also know via JRob's post day 2 presser that he was close to taking a TE and also attempted multiple times to trade up for an offensive skill position player.

No one outside that Titans war room can speak with any certainty but the most likely scenario is they planned on taking either a TE/WR in and around that pick at 85 and simply couldn't position themselves to get the guy they wanted.

That run between 77 and 83 that saw Josh Palmer, Hunter Long, Dyami Brown, Tommy Tremble taken likely contained the guy JRob wanted.

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

No doubt there was a element of desperation after not getting a WR/TE on days 1 or 2, we also know via JRob's post day 2 presser that he was close to taking a TE and also attempted multiple times to trade up for an offensive skill position player.

No one outside that Titans war room can speak with any certainty but the most likely scenario is they planned on taking either a TE/WR in and around that pick at 85 and simply couldn't position themselves to get the guy they wanted.

That run between 77 and 83 that saw Josh Palmer, Hunter Long, Dyami Brown, Tommy Tremble taken likely contained the guy JRob wanted.

People will chime in with " well how do you KNOW they wanted one of those guys" but this seems probable to me. I'm sure they liked him but I'm not convinced Fitzpatrick was plan A.

6 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

People will chime in with " well how do you KNOW they wanted one of those guys" but this seems probable to me. I'm sure they liked him but I'm not convinced Fitzpatrick was plan A.

I don’t think there was a plan A in rounds 2-7. 

15 minutes ago, tgo said:

Dez may well just be a decent WR3 behind WR2 Josh Reynolds this season. 

He should realistically be expected to be #4 as a rookie. They need to add a veteran #2 or #3 still.

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The site reported that ASI, which also determines which measurables are most important for each position, was found to be “over 56 percent accurate for every position and could correctly predict if a player would be successful in the NFL at up to 79 percent accuracy for some positions.”

56% accurate.... that’s basically a coin flip.