Titans might take a huge step backwards this season

abenjami

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We already took a small step backwards last season, going from the AFC Championship to letting Baltimore roll us in the Wildcard round.  I’m not a big fan of what has occurred thus far since the seaso

I get having some differences with the strategy and not liking it but damn does the original post sound like the biggest crybaby.    Yes obviously they have downgraded across the board at the o

I wouldn’t discount Autry. He’s like a better more polished version of Jason Jones. He’s had 20 sacks in the past 3 seasons as mainly a 3 tech. Those are Casey lite type numbers. 

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Just having a competent defense should be a big improvement out there, even if the offense takes a small step back. 

How will the defense be more competent?

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

How will the defense be more competent?

Because we have an actual secondary with depth as well as Autry and Dupree being massive upgrades from what we put on the field last year. I think we’ll have a good defense this year. 

Offense on the other hand, well let’s hope we trade for a WR or at least pickup Crowder. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Because we have an actual secondary with depth as well as Autry and Dupree being massive upgrades from what we put on the field last year. I think we’ll have a good defense this year. 

Offense on the other hand, well let’s hope we trade for a WR or at least pickup Crowder. 

Dupree is definitely the chance to be the saving grace.  If he balls out it will change the defense.  Big question mark though with the injury and coming to a new team led by retards though.

Autry is a role player at best.

Edited by abenjami

They may still have Julio Jones plans to make AJ Brown’s dreams come true. They may think Nick Ikhine-Westbrook may be ready for WR3.

They won’t play 15 yards off much if they want to play press man as much as they say, which is what they drafted for.

I can see us taking a step back. It’ll be a tougher schedule and we won a bunch of close games last year. 

On the other hand just getting Lewan back is huge. By the end of the year Tannehill was getting hit if he didn’t release the ball within 2 seconds. The rookie tackle is a better pass blocker than Kelly, well just overall a better tackle. 

Downing didn’t have much to work with in Oakland. I don’t see that as a nepotism hire. It’s more about system continuity. I actually think he was a solid hire that knows the system well. As for Bowen...well at least we brought in Shwartz.

I think we are still narrow favorites to win the division. If the defense takes a large step forward and the offense clicks on the back half I still consider us a dangerous team come playoff time. It will be up to Vrabel to stop being a pansy with the conservative play calling if we make it that far. 

3 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Dupree is definitely the chance to be the saving grace.  If he balls out it will change the defense.  Big question mark though with the injury and coming to a new team led by retards though.

Autry is a role player at best.

I wouldn’t discount Autry. He’s like a better more polished version of Jason Jones. He’s had 20 sacks in the past 3 seasons as mainly a 3 tech. Those are Casey lite type numbers. 

2 minutes ago, GLinks said:

They may still have Julio Jones plans to make AJ Brown’s dreams come true. They may think Nick Ikhine-Westbrook may be ready for WR3.

They won’t play 15 yards off much if they want to play press man as much as they say, which is what they drafted for.

Julio Jones?  LOL.  We have nothing to trade for him unless you are talking about mortgaging the entire future of draft picks.

NIW is laughable as well.  If they thought so highly of him where the fuck was he in the playoffs last year?

Also, sorry for another post, I really do believe the addition of Shwartz will pay dividends on 3rd down and red zone defense. We actually weren’t bad at all getting teams to 3rd and long or causing turnovers the first two downs. We just had an historically awful 3rd down defense. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Autry will be 31 years old this season and Deforest Buckner made him look good last year.

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Julio Jones?  LOL.  We have nothing to trade for him unless you are talking about mortgaging the entire future of draft picks.

NIW is laughable as well.  If they thought so highly of him where the fuck was he in the playoffs last year?

Eh, reports are he could be had for as little as a second next year. 

Just now, abenjami said:

Autry will be 31 years old this season and Deforest Buckner made him look good last year.

He had 7.5 sacks 3 years ago. He’s a good player and is a good interior rusher. A front four of Landry, Simmons, Autry, Dupree is legit if everyone is healthy and clicking. Our depth is definitely lacking. 

3 minutes ago, NFL2K5 said:

So you think we take a Huge step backwards but still win Division? Lol. So what's your definition of huge? 

Where did I say we would win the division dum dum?