So.. We clearly wanted Tommy Tremble there at 85

titansfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they were mostly disappointed that Harris, Etienne, and Williams were already off the board since obviously the plan is to run for 3,500 yards this season and not throw or rush the other team'

Why are people so obsessed with analyzing likely targets who were missed because some other team picked them first? this isn't a blind auction, if some other team picks him first then so be it, that's

We are talking about this guy?   From ESPN:   " Pre-Draft Analysis Tremble is an H-back who lines up at multiple spots and is an excellent move blocker. He has great spee

We are talking about this guy?

From ESPN:

"

Pre-Draft Analysis

Tremble is an H-back who lines up at multiple spots and is an excellent move blocker. He has great speed and shows some upside as a pass-catcher, but he was never featured in Notre Dame's pass game and had too many drops for so few targets. Tremble has the perfect mentality and speed to contribute on special teams. -- Steve Muench"

Some are crying over missing out on that?

15 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

We are talking about this guy?

From ESPN:

"

Pre-Draft Analysis

Tremble is an H-back who lines up at multiple spots and is an excellent move blocker. He has great speed and shows some upside as a pass-catcher, but he was never featured in Notre Dame's pass game and had too many drops for so few targets. Tremble has the perfect mentality and speed to contribute on special teams. -- Steve Muench"

Some are crying over missing out on that?

They've "watched tape." 

3 minutes ago, siamesedinasour said:

They've "watched tape." 

As opposed to most of this board which maybe saw a few games and is looking at lists.

IMO, this draft is a difficult situation because of the COVID schedule/situation last year.  Historically,guys evaluated as "can't miss" guys do all the time. This year? Crap shoot. Makes the complaining more entertaining to me.

Im always curious about these situations. If Tremble was the target don't you just take Molden at 85? And does that mean they coveted Rice more then Molden and must think he's some diamond in the rough? From everything I have read Molden seems like amazing value at 100.

Edited by prine06

1 hour ago, OzTitan said:

I just don't see the point in dwelling on it. We're talking about a 3rd round TE here, a position which is notoriously unlikely to contribute much before year 3 or so at the best of times. It's perfectly fine to grade a player as worthy of a particular pick but not worth the trade up cost, not to mention the impossibility of reading the intentions of 31 other GMs to know when to move up to.

I agree but with a caveat. Some think Tremble fits exactly what the Titans want from a TE and they aren't wrong. It would have been a nice pick.

19 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I agree but with a caveat. Some think Tremble fits exactly what the Titans want from a TE and they aren't wrong. It would have been a nice pick.

How can anyone say that he fits exactly what we want when we have a new OC who probably hasn't yet really figured out what he is doing as OC even if he has been in the organization in a subordinate role?

4 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

How can anyone say that he fits exactly what we want when we have a new OC who probably hasn't yet really figured out what he is doing as OC even if he has been in the organization in a subordinate role?

lol come on? You think this offense is changing one iota from what Vrabel and Jrob want it to be? I'm sure the TE coach who is now OC doesn't want TE talent

/sarcasm off

2 hours ago, japan said:

Robinson had a brain-fart and went Tolar on Tremble....

There is ZERO indication, unlike the topic headline claims, that the Titans even wanted Tremble. Obviously the thread-starter did.

I do believe my Carolina Panthers got him, so I'll be sure to let you know what we missed out on!

In the meantime, propose some more of your wasteful trade-up scenarios...

2 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

So he gets an extra pick by moving back, yet he sells the farm and gives three picks to move up and get a WR? Does that make sense?

Maybe he really liked this WR and was not a fan of Tremble or any of the other players when he moved back