2021 NFL Draft - Titans Select CB Elijah Molden 3rd round, 100th Overall

Jonboy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Yeah he's pretty much a mini LB, NB and safety. 

1 hour ago, Th3Ch0senTitan said:

I love him

Then put him in your pocket already! I couldn’t help but overhear you two talking. Hey he goes anywhere, he does anything. It’s incredible! Where’d he go? I don’t know. He’s slippery. Check your pocket? Anyway, whaddya say? You wanna take him home with you? I’ll let you talk about it in private:

image.gif.8bd01bef01415242dd8f2fd275467674.gif

This is, seriously, a better fit than had we gotten Amik Robertson last year who was an inch shorter, but more productive college career. You can tell they like Molden much more as a prospect. Looks great on fresh paper, at least.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

For comparison to Molden's 4.58: 

Logan Ryan ran a 4.56

Desmond King ran a 4.60

Richard Sherman ran a 4.56

He'll be ok in the slot I think. 

Without T.Y. Hilton to take him deep I think he'll be fine. There aren't that many explosive vertical slots in the AFC South anymore. 

12 minutes ago, cshumak2 said:

Maybe I am off base here, but Molden just seems like the kind of pick where he may never reach superstar status, but you feel reasonably confident that he will be a good player and solid contributor.  

His upside IMO is Logan Ryan. If he reaches that it's a home run. 

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Not Tyran? 

I think they're not as similar as people are saying. Molden is a little more twitchy, violent, and "slot-like" while Tyrann is a little longer, faster, and dynamic. Tyrann is a much better safety than slot. Different types of players in my opinion.

38 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Not Tyran? 

Idk. Tyran was just so dynamic in college. Dude even returned punts. They're definitely physically similar and share a skill-set but I'm just not confident enough to compare any guys with that profile to honey badger. He's pretty unique.