• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guaranteed Elijah Moore would have been the pick if he had an injury

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I'm not saying he will be a stud lock down corner from day one.  All college players need some time to develop at the pro level and that's more true than ever right now given the lack of normal practice and game time due to Covid over the past year.

All I'm saying is that if he's healthy, he's good enough to be on the field right away and we should expect big things in 2022-2023.

Speaking of his tape, Davenport just posted a video praising him for not being raw.

I think he'll need some time but year 2 and beyond, I'd expect him to ball out.

As for TD and "tape", I'd expect everything out there to be highlights and clearly he has some.  But he's also got 21 missed tackles in 80 attempts per PFF and the NFL.com scouting report mentions the following:

• Interference penalties pop up when he doesn’t work to find the football.
  • Inconsistent balance and form as run-support tackler.
  • Some missed tackles ended up costing his team points.

4 minutes ago, Bink said:

I agree. And honestly, to make the field he doesn't have to beat out a bunch of other world beaters. 

I will say, listening to some of his interviews and other things like that we have no risk of him being like Wilson and not having a love for the game. This guy wants to be on the field. He wants to be in the locker room. He wants to be the best. He doesn't over think it. He is probably either on the way to or in Tennessee right now. 

I think he's really going to connect with Vrabel and give everything he's got. 

Of course he's a risk, but a calculated one. I am buying in. 

If you listen carefully while watching the draft room video showing when they called him on the phone, after JRob hands the phone to Amy you can hear him say in the background that Farley asked him how soon he can get the playbook.

10 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

But that's part of what makes the pick so fucking frustrating, especially after last year's 1st round flop. We needed a guy who would come in and be an immediate impact. It's like come on, JRob. Are you prejudiced against against quick ROIs?

3 minutes ago, Bink said:

Okay, we all know about the injury history. Has anyone seen one piece of information that gives a timeline indicating he won't be ready to go?

I have seen some speculation that he will start the year on PUP.  Which is fine with me.  This isn't a situation where he's going to sit out the entire year.  He might miss a few games but he'll be on the field this season.

I'm not concerned if he misses a few games as long as he's 100% for the stretch run come week 8.

Just now, oldschool said:

Its quite simple. if Farley contributes at all this year its a bonus and fans need to be okay with it.

The fans need to accept it as reality because no amount of hand wringing will change reality, but that doesn't mean they have to like it until they have a reason to like it.

Right now I don't like it. I love the potential, but I hate how much of a gamble it is. JRob needs to come to terms with the concept of taking someone without injury red flags.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The fans need to accept it as reality because no amount of hand wringing will change reality, but that doesn't mean they have to like it until they have a reason to like it.

Right now I don't like it. I love the potential, but I hate how much of a gamble it is. JRob needs to come to terms with the concept of taking someone without injury red flags.

This seems to be the new Robinson strategy of picking in the 20's.  Try to get a guy who should have gone a lot earlier, either because of injury or raw potential.  It worked spectacularly once and blew up in his face spectacularly once.

Edited by japan

7 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Its quite simple. if Farley contributes at all this year its a bonus and fans need to be okay with it.

Well let’s hope he is in playing shape by the end of the season. Missing the first few games isn’t really a deal breaker to me.