Schefter: Aaron Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

Look, Rodgers is obviously one of the best ever.  But he's a jerk.  Did you ever read that article on Bleacher Report about him?  There were a ton of quotes from "former friends."  He doesn't talk to his own family.  He seems like the kind of guy who it's his way or the highway and if you don't agree with him then he won't talk to you.  

And I would bet just knowing all that that this is more on Rodgers than it is on the Packers.  The Packers are in this business to win and they obviously felt that for the future of the football team that Jordan Love was the best option.  It's not up to Rodgers to approve of that or not.  He is a player on the team.  Yes, the most important one.  But he is not the GM.  He is not the coach.

Of course he's a dick. I've been saying that forever. But him being a jerk and that team not doing nearly enough to maximize the most talented QB of his generation are two separate issues. He gave them the best years of his career and they squandered them. He doesn't owe them shit IMO. Him having just one superbowl ring is an embarrassment to that franchise IMO

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thankfully this happened after and not before the Colts traded for Carson Wentz.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

Of course he's a dick. I've been saying that forever. But him being a jerk and that team not doing nearly enough to maximize the most talented QB of his generation are two separate issues. He gave them the best years of his career and they squandered them. He doesn't owe them shit IMO. Him having just one superbowl ring is an embarrassment to that franchise IMO

Like I said, he should've won it last year.  I don't blame the organization for that.  I blame him for not coming through in the clutch.  He was the MVP in the league.  There's no excuse for how he played in the 4th quarter against TB last year.  I don't care how good their defense was.  It wasn't the 1985 Bears.

3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Thankfully this happened after and not before the Colts traded for Carson Wentz.

When you think about it what team right now isn't like, what could we do to get Rodgers.

Problem being unless you arent drafting top 10 you can go fuck off. But you think Vrabel and Jrob wouldn't give up Tannehill and multiple firsts for Rodgers? 

Just now, Doogie said:

When you think about it what team right now isn't like, what could we do to get Rodgers.

Problem being unless you arent drafting top 10 you can go fuck off. But you think Vrabel and Jrob wouldn't give up Tannehill and multiple firsts for Rodgers? 

They're not getting Rodgers.

Like I said, he should've won it last year.  I don't blame the organization for that.  I blame him for not coming through in the clutch.  He was the MVP in the league.  There's no excuse for how he played in the 4th quarter against TB last year.  I don't care how good their defense was.  It wasn't the 1985 Bears.

You don't have to care; it clearly mattered. So facts over feelings. I know everyone thinks QBs are superheroes or something but there are limits to everything. His offense wasn't talented enough to overcome the defense he was facing. As I said, Brady wasn't exactly lights out either but the team around him was good enough he could still pull it off. Rodger's team wasn't up to par. If he can get himself to a team that will put the right pieces around him good for him and good for them because they'll probably win a superbowl. Brady's latest superbowl shows the difference that having a good supporting cast can make. Half the bozos on here were writing his eulogy after he had a shit year throwing to sub-par targets. It's a team game. Period.

2 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

You don't have to care; it clearly mattered. So facts over feelings. I know everyone thinks QBs are superheroes or something but there are limits to everything. His offense wasn't talented enough to overcome the defense he was facing. As I said, Brady wasn't exactly lights out either but the team around him was good enough he could still pull it off. Rodger's team wasn't up to par. If he can get himself to a team that will put the right pieces around him good for him and good for them because they'll probably win a superbowl. Brady's latest superbowl shows the difference that having a good supporting cast can make. Half the bozos on here were writing his eulogy after he had a shit year throwing to sub-par targets. It's a team game. Period.

Brady was terrible in that game.  3 picks in the second half and still won???  It's amazing how many times he's been terrible yet his team somehow wins.

He's the luckiest athlete in professional sports history.  There's not even a close second.

Edited by scine09

Brady was terrible.  It's amazing how many times he's been terrible yet his team somehow wins.

He's the luckiest athlete in professional sports history.  There's not even a close second.

Robert Horry maybe?

Just now, abenjami said:

Robert Horry maybe?

Robert Horry isn't the greatest ever to play the game who for all we know would've had a completely different career had the tuck rule not been in existence like it isn't now back in that season.

24 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I agree but that Tampa defense was legitimately talented. Even a QB can only do so much when his receivers are getting locked up and they can't get a run game going at all. Would've been nice to have a couple of receivers that could get open right? But nope, they wanted Jordan Love on the bench. I'd tell them to piss off too.  

The play calling on the last few drives in the 4th was horrible as well. They went back to dink and dunk and the horizontal shit after going vertical to get back in the game. Lafleur lost that game, not Rodgers.

I see this "the team wasted the player" stuff a lot with great QB's.  Well a huge misnomer is that the team with the best QB should win the SB every year.  Aside from Tom Brady, who has made SB's at a ridiculous rate, everyone else made at best less than 30% of the time.  Montana, Peyton, Bradshaw and now guys like Brees, Rodgers, Ben, Wilson, etc.

And that doesn't even get into the contracts, cap % stuff.  No QB this century has won a SB with a cap % over 12.2%......So when you are paying the QB top of market money, like Rodgers, Wilson, Peyton in his day, etc.  all have done, it has an effect on building the roster around them.  

In Rodgers case, he's had two or three contracts making top QB money.   Wilson has too.  As well as plenty of others.  Meanwhile, Brady spent his entire career taking less than top of market and won SB's.

7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Robert Horry isn't the greatest ever to play the game who for all we know would've had a completely different career had the tuck rule not been in existence like it isn't now back in that season.

Sure but although Brady has been extremely lucky at some points, a lot of his success and rings are due to just being flat out an all time great and clutch performer.

Horry has 7 rings due to being in the right places at the right time.  And 7 rings is more than anyone else in the modern NBA era. 

Edited by abenjami
52 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Wowwwwww.

The tough thing for the Packers is they probably have done little to no scouting or deep dives into any of the top QBs.

They have Jordan Love, the biggest reason for this bitchfest from Rodgers.

Play Love and let Rodgers sit for a year if he doesn't want to play for the Packers.

Best case Love is great and you trade Rodgers on your terms after he has some humble pie. Worst case, Love sucks and you dump him and kiss Rodgers' ass with a huge extension.