Schefter: Aaron Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jonboy

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thankfully this happened after and not before the Colts traded for Carson Wentz.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

IDK - I think you're missing the point.  This is more about Rodgers and his stans trying to deflect any blame from being one of the best QB's of all time with only 1 SB appearance/ring when most of the others in the conversation have multiple rings.  Especially when one rival has 7 rings and 11 SB appearances. 

This is about framing legacy.   The latest is that it's reported he won't play in GB unless the GM is fired.  LOL.

That might be what some other posters are talking about but if you go back and read my posts in this thread, it should be very clear the only thing I have been discussing is my opinion Rodgers has a legitimate gripe when it comes to the level of resources his team has dedicated to surrounding him with talent lately.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

That might be what some other posters are talking about but if you go back and read my posts in this thread, it should be very clear the only thing I have been discussing is my opinion Rodgers has a legitimate gripe when it comes to the level of resources his team has dedicated to surrounding him with talent lately.

OK - and I've refuted that.  They have spent more cap space on offense than nearly anyone the last 6 seasons:

2017 - 6th overall; 2018 - 4th overall; 2019 - 1st overall; 2020 - 6th overall; 2021 - 3rd overall.  His OL has been among the best and highest spend for years.

Bottom line is that they are spending money for talent around him, even if they don't draft first round skill people. 

4 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

OK - and I've refuted that.  They have spent more cap space on offense than nearly anyone the last 6 seasons:

2017 - 6th overall; 2018 - 4th overall; 2019 - 1st overall; 2020 - 6th overall; 2021 - 3rd overall.  His OL has been among the best and highest spend for years.

Bottom line is that they are spending money for talent around him, even if they don't draft first round skill people. 

You haven't refuted anything.  The cap space spent on the offensive side of the ball is certainly a fair point to be taken into consideration (as I admitted previously) but it doesn't take away from the fact they haven't invested resources in pass catchers.  A lot of that cap space was dedicated to the QB position as would be expected when you have one of the premier QB's in the league.

Regardless of where the cap space was being used, it doesn't prevent them from spending draft picks for pass catchers who don't require a lot of cap space, especially when you're constantly picking in the second half of the rounds like the Packers have been.

They also haven't needed to spend a lot of money on the defensive side of the ball because of how badly they have failed drafting on defense.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

You haven't refuted anything.  The cap space spent on the offensive side of the ball is certainly a fair point to be taken into consideration (as I admitted previously) but it doesn't take away from the fact they haven't invested resources in pass catchers.  A lot of that cap space was dedicated to the QB position as would be expected when you have one of the premier QB's in the league.

Regardless of where the cap space was being used, it doesn't prevent them from spending draft picks for pass catchers who don't require a lot of cap space, especially when you're constantly picking in the second half of the rounds like the Packers have been.

They also haven't needed to spend a lot of money on the defensive side of the ball because of how badly they have failed drafting on defense.

Disagree - 2017 they had more cap dollars at WR than any other team.  2018 they were 2nd in WR spend.  They dropped down to middle of the pack in 2019 despite having Adams getting top dollar because they shedded Nelson for youth.  2020 - 12th overall and it hurt so bad they had the best scoring offense in football......2021 - 11th.  In the same period - they spend resources on TE bringing in Cook and Graham - guys that are used like WR's in the passing game.

And as mentioned, their OL investments have been consistently top 10 and top 3 the last few years.

It's a BS/disingenuous argument made intentionally to get folks to say poor Aaron Rodgers and deflect from the lack of rings.

9 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Disagree - 2017 they had more cap dollars at WR than any other team.  2018 they were 2nd in WR spend.  They dropped down to middle of the pack in 2019 despite having Adams getting top dollar because they shedded Nelson for youth.  2020 - 12th overall and it hurt so bad they had the best scoring offense in football......2021 - 11th.  In the same period - they spend resources on TE bringing in Cook and Graham - guys that are used like WR's in the passing game.

And as mentioned, their OL investments have been consistently top 10 and top 3 the last few years.

It's a BS/disingenuous argument made intentionally to get folks to say poor Aaron Rodgers and deflect from the lack of rings.

Again, it's not all about the amount of money spent.  See my previous comments about Jimmy Graham.

I couldn't care less about his lack of rings.  All I'm saying is the guy kind of has a point.

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Again, it's not all about the amount of money spent.  See my previous comments about Jimmy Graham.

I couldn't care less about his lack of rings.  All I'm saying is the guy kind of has a point.

And I say he really doesn't so we are not going to agree on this.

LOL. Dude keeps going on and on about cap space and only cap space and Jordan Love is the 7th highest paid player on that offense this year. 

let’s hear some more about how cap space actually tells the whole story and leaves no stone of context unturned.

Keep in mind, AJ Brown is making almost half as much as Jordan Love.... but let’s go on and on about how cap space tells you everything you need to know about what the Packers have done to get some weapons for that offense

Edited by wiscotitansfan

6 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

LOL. Dude keeps going on and on about cap space and only cap space and Jordan Love is the 7th highest paid player on that offense this year. 

let’s hear some more about how cap space actually tells the whole story and leaves no stone of context unturned.

Keep in mind, AJ Brown is making almost half as much as Jordan Love.... but let’s go on and on about how cap space tells you everything you need to know about what the Packers have done to get some weapons for that offense

And yet no one has been willing to discuss or even acknowledge what I posted earlier.

Since drafting Adams in 2014, they've had 13 picks in the first 2 rounds.  Here's what they drafted:

Defense: 9

OL:  2

QB: 1

RB: 1 (Dillon when they already had Aaron Jones)

These situations are so stupid. These guys are just complete fucking babies. Aaron Rodgers was Jordan Love at one point in his career coming in as a rookie and pissing Brett Favre off. It’s a business, they’re trying to plan for their future abs having depth at QB is important if your starter goes down. Just go compete and not worry about who the backup is. These guys egos are so big it’s laughable they think that a team stops playing when they retire. They don’t owe them anything even star players. When you retire you are forgotten until a record is broken. 

On 5/2/2021 at 7:20 AM, abenjami said:

And yet no one has been willing to discuss or even acknowledge what I posted earlier.

Since drafting Adams in 2014, they've had 13 picks in the first 2 rounds.  Here's what they drafted:

Defense: 9

OL:  2

QB: 1

RB: 1 (Dillon when they already had Aaron Jones)

So?  They've also hit on a number of day 2 and day 3 draft picks on the OL and at receiver.  Even Aaron Jones was a 5th rounder.  They've consistently used positional value in how they draft and it's been proven that you can add RB's and WR's later.  What's not mentioned is that they have done well drafting OL and keeping them around - hence the top 3 spend in that area to protect the QB......

They had the #1 scoring offense in football last year, Rodgers had more TD passes than any other QB, and they made the NFCC.  They clearly are doing something right. 

9 hours ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

@EagleEye used to post these disputes, but I see he's been slippin'!  Probably eating way too much poi out there in the Islands, so guess I gotta do it!

Skip... Hey Skip...  But, Skip...  Wait a sec Skip...

I guess Eagleeye finally left us?

1 hour ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

I see that he logged in Sunday, but never know, he could be dead by now.  Poi overdose.  I will try to use the Bat signal once again...

2124314106_OperaSnapshot_2021-05-04_210732_imgflip_com.png.9e97b5254fc588a42b52e7fe9fa10ad9.png

More like Spam overdose.  Poi is bland as fuck and is more or less a side dish like mash potatoes w/out butter or any flavoring.