Schefter: Aaron Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jonboy

I gotta say though that one ridiculous media and fan claim is whining about no weapons for Rodgers because they never drafted a WR in the first round.  So?  How many first round WR's (drafted by NE) did Brady ever play with?  How many first round WR's has Russell Wilson ever had? 

But GB isn't going to trade Rodgers unless he holds out or just goes way over the top in being difficult.  Cap wise, it never was going to happen last night. 

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thankfully this happened after and not before the Colts traded for Carson Wentz.

Posted Images

Packers spent a ton of money if FA the last couple years to build a championship roster. They signed BOTH Preston Smith and Za'Darius Smith the same year, and we just wanted one of those guys. 

The Jordan Love thing can certainly piss Rodgers off, but the Packers did the same damn thing to Favre when they drafted him and it's worked out for their franchise. Now Rodgers wants even more money AND he wants more weapons for him. Sorry bud, if you take all the cash, they don't have any leftover to buy nice toys.

It's a bad look for everyone involved though if Rodgers does sit out or retire. Packers would be be screwed and their fans would be pissed. Rodgers would end on a sour note and it would not be good PR for him in his post-NFL career (if he wants one, and he seems like a guy who does). It makes all parties look like assholes. Granted, all parties probably are being assholes, but that's why you handle that drama behind closed doors and lie to the media and fans. Rodgers comes across as a difficult and unlikeable primadonna, and the Packers look like backstabbing liars who made promises to Rodgers and then reneged.

In the end, the franchise loses. As a Saints fan, this is a win.

55 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

I gotta say though that one ridiculous media and fan claim is whining about no weapons for Rodgers because they never drafted a WR in the first round.  So?  How many first round WR's (drafted by NE) did Brady ever play with?  How many first round WR's has Russell Wilson ever had? 

But GB isn't going to trade Rodgers unless he holds out or just goes way over the top in being difficult.  Cap wise, it never was going to happen last night. 

I can’t stand the GB doesn’t invest in weapons line. How many WRs have they taken in the 2nd round? 

2 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I can’t stand the GB doesn’t invest in weapons line. How many WRs have they taken in the 2nd round? 

Or later.  They've given him weapons AND if you are going to make top dollar, the expectation is that you elevate the players around you.

17 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Somewhat disingenuous version of what happened with his mother.......She essentially disowned him after he refused to hire her as his agent going pro.  And then tried to sabotage his efforts to hire a real one......

Not sure what the feud between Rodgers and his family was about.  It certainly didn't seem from reports about it that it was anything like the Brees/mother situation though.

You admit ignorance about Rodgers.

17 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

One guy cuts people out of his life for personal reasons.

Other guy cuts people out of his life for personal reasons.

I didn't say both situations were mirror images.  I mentioned it to show another perspective.  

Here I explain my posting.  

17 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

You intentionally presented it to make a false equivalency without any context.....but this is all off topic anyway.  There's far more evidence of Rodgers being incredibly petty and passive aggressive than there is from Drew Brees, which was what Scine was alluding to anyway.

Here you pretend to know things you don't.  

16 hours ago, BudsOilers said:

Wrong.  There's plenty of evidence that Rodgers is petty and passive aggressive.  It's his thing and it's not really debatable.  He's done it with coaches, players, media members, front office people.  It's well known.

What was disingenuous was you trying to equate the Brees rift with his mother, where there are known facts as to what happened, with the Rodgers rift with his family, where there is no known reason (the one you claimed is easily debunked by a calendar).  It was a false equivalency and I'm 99% sure you intentionally did it just to be contrarian.

You are totally off-base with whatever you think my goal was by posting about Brees.  Scine mentions a family dispute in a list of actions about Rodgers.  You don't even know why Rodgers has this dispute with his family (see above).  I post that another QB also has a family dispute.  The dots to be connected are that family disputes are complicated.  That's it.  There isn't Brees = Rodgers.  You, in your infinite ego made that up.  You took a molehill and pretended I was passing it off as a mountain.  

3 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Zero since Devante Adams in 2014 and that was after taking a DB in the first round.

I'm kind of with Rodgers on this issue.  Look at their draft history.  It's filled with busts on defense.

Since drafting Adams in 2014, they've had 13 picks in the first 2 rounds.  Here's what they drafted:

Defense: 9

OL:  2

QB: 1

RB: 1 (Dillon when they already had Aaron Jones)

5 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Or later.  They've given him weapons AND if you are going to make top dollar, the expectation is that you elevate the players around you.

Who are all these weapons?  The highest drafted WR they've taken since Adams 7 years ago was Ty Montgomery in round 3.

Rodgers is obviously an incredible player and a future first ballot HOF

The guy's never been a good leader though. Personality is pretty gruff. He's had ex-teammates like Jennings and Driver take shots at him and they obviously would know him quite well.

3 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Zero since Devante Adams in 2014 and that was after taking a DB in the first round.

I'm kind of with Rodgers on this issue.  Look at their draft history.  It's filled with busts on defense.

Since drafting Adams in 2014, they've had 13 picks in the first 2 rounds.  Here's what they drafted:

Defense: 9

OL:  2

QB: 1

RB: 1 (Dillon when they already had Aaron Jones)

Well their defense was pretty shitty. I don’t think their offense has struggled much

1 hour ago, BudsOilers said:

He's had Devante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, etc. Ok, none of those guys are Randy Moss but they certainly aren't scrubs. He's got Aaron Jones right now. He's got enough weapons. No one has all-pros across the board.

I disagree about the weapons argument too. You could argue coaching and maybe the team around him as a whole (the defense) has let him down.

I agree with GB strategy about WR. TT believed in this too. He didn't like 1st round WR. I'm generally not a fan of it either from a ROI standpoint.

Edited by socaltitan

7 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

You admit ignorance about Rodgers.

Here I explain my posting.  

Here you pretend to know things you don't.  

You are totally off-base with whatever you think my goal was by posting about Brees.  Scine mentions a family dispute in a list of actions about Rodgers.  You don't even know why Rodgers has this dispute with his family (see above).  I post that another QB also has a family dispute.  The dots to be connected are that family disputes are complicated.  That's it.  There isn't Brees = Rodgers.  You, in your infinite ego made that up.  You took a molehill and pretended I was passing it off as a mountain.  

Wrong.  You claimed you knew what the rift was with Rodgers and claimed to equate it to Brees' situation.  Of course, your claim is easily debunked by a couple of years.......And Rodgers is well known for being petty.  Like his current feud with GB in part because they fired his QB coach and he didn't like who they hired at GM......

I was not passing it off as a big deal that you're disingenuous.  You're crying about it has resulted in the back and forth. 

4 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

He's had Devante Adams, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, etc. Ok, none of those guys are Randy Moss but they certainly aren't scrubs. He's got Aaron Jones right now. He's got enough weapons. No one has all-pros across the board.

I disagree about the weapons argument too. You could argue coaching and maybe the team around him as a whole (the defense) has let him down.

I agree with GB strategy about WR. TT believed in this too. He didn't like 1st round WR. I'm generally not a fan of it either from a ROI standpoint.

Exactly.  He's had talent at WR, even if it wasn't a first round or second round pick.  Add in Jones who is a top 10 RB of late.  And how he's been in the top 5 in contract earnings cap wise per year since his first extension. 

GB has faltered with crappy defenses or special teams play far more than because they lacked offense.

The bottom line is that he was pissed they traded up for Love.  Just like Favre was pissed they drafted him.  Or Elway was pissed Reeves drafted Tommy Maddox back in the day.  Or even with Russell Wilson, when he found out they were scouting Mahomes in 2017 and Josh Allen in 2018 because he was coming up on a new deal.  It's an elite QB problem.  They want the team all in with them - in part because they want the leverage.