Falcons Listening to Offers for Julio Jones

Jonboy

1 minute ago, titanskick8851 said:

I hate Jim so much for doing this lol. If we really only go into the season with those 12, then I would guess the top 6 would be:

AJB

Reynolds

Fitzpatrick

Westbrook-Ikhine

Chester Rogers

McMath

I know people will say Batson is the guy who is probably in line to play in the slot but I see Fitzpatrick beating him out and Rogers probably wins the PR duties. 

I don’t believe for a second that they plan on not adding a veteran WR before next season.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kind of get sick of seeing people continue to say this.  His numbers would be fine in Tennessee.  It's not like they throw 10 times a game.  They've thrown enough to make A.J. Brown one of the best

Posted Images

1 minute ago, titanskick8851 said:

I hate Jim so much for doing this lol. If we really only go into the season with those 12, then I would guess the top 6 would be:

AJB

Reynolds

Fitzpatrick

Westbrook-Ikhine

Chester Rogers

McMath

I know people will say Batson is the guy who is probably in line to play in the slot but I see Fitzpatrick beating him out and Rogers probably wins the PR duties. 

I'd say Batson over Rodgers, but Rogers may be a better versatile/PR option. 

Batson is tougher than Rogers and a Vrabel favorite but Rogers is a better player at present overall. 

4 hours ago, tgo said:

Idk why getting by with the bare minimum is such a preferred strategy for some. I do get not wanting invest every free penny into the position on an offense that considers the passing game as a complimentary piece... but god damn that depth chart. It has covid coated aids.

I've gone back and forth on this - but things seem clearer now - I'll be very surprised if the Titans make a move for Julio Jones. 

And I don't think Atlanta will trade Hayden Hurst. 

The trade that makes the most sense to me is David Njoku. Njoku was used a lot as a blocker last year, and it is very important that he's improved in that area and played in a run first zone blocking offense. 

Our draft class is going to cost about 6.5M to sign, and we have about 5.75M in cap space. And you want about 4-5M at least to get through the season in terms of injury management. 

I think any restructures done will be to accommodate a lower level signing or two, signing the draft class, and a trade along the lines of the one mentioned above. 

You can pay a TE1 6M+ a year, which is what he'd be here. You don't want to be paying your TE2 6M per year in the case of the Browns - they've got 15M tied up in the position and they do not throw to their TE2 much in that system. 

Edited by tgo

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

I've gone back and forth on this - but things seem clearer now - I'll be very surprised if the Titans make a move for Julio Jones. 

And I don't think Atlanta will trade Hayden Hurst. 

The trade that makes the most sense to me is David Njoku. Njoku was used a lot as a blocker last year, and it is very important that he's improved in that area and played in a run first zone blocking offense. 

Our draft class is going to cost about 6.5M to sign, and we have about 5.75M in cap space. And you want about 4-5M at least to get through the season in terms of injury management. 

I think any restructures done will be to accommodate a lower level signing or two, signing the draft class, and a trade along the lines of one mentioned above. 

You can pay a TE1 6M+ a year, which is what he'd be here. You don't want to be paying your TE2 6M per year in the case of the Browns - they've got 15M tied up in the position and they do not throw to their TE2 much in that system.

I will say the Browns still have 20 M in cap space and they use 2 TE's a ton so they may not want to risk losing a TE to injury and not having that depth.

But the main premise of not really being in on Jones is most likely the case.  It was always Fantasy Football wishful thinking.

Edited by BudsOilers

13 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

I will say the Browns still have 20 M in cap space and they use 2 TE's a ton so they may not want to risk losing a TE to injury and not having that depth.

But the main premise of not really being in on Jones is most likely the case.  It was always Fantasy Football wishful thinking.

Yeah could be. I wonder which GMs called Robinson about unloading a TE? I doubt it was Berry or Fontenot. 

Could it be New England or Tampa maybe?

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Yeah could be. I wonder which GMs called Robinson about unloading a TE? I doubt it was Berry or Fontenot. 

Could it be New England or Tampa maybe?

Personally, I think OJ Howard would be the most likely trade chip out there but even that has risk because of the injury he's recovering from.  Unlike the Browns, TB doesn't have a ton of cap space to have the luxury of higher priced depth.

Just now, BudsOilers said:

Personally, I think OJ Howard would be the most likely trade chip out there but even that has risk because of the injury he's recovering from.  Unlike the Browns, TB doesn't have a ton of cap space to have the luxury of higher priced depth.

I think he's the single most likely trade chip as well, but I don't think Howard loves football and he doesn't play with any fire. Plus he's coming off the injury as a guy like that and it's just a huge risk imo

• Jonboy locked this topic