Falcons Listening to Offers for Julio Jones

Jonboy

1 hour ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I was willing to be patient with the approach this offseason when the draft was in front of us but a tweet I saw earlier this week really summed up my disappointment with ignoring the offensive skill position group.

Sure, but so far the 2nd rounder Robinson took in 2019 looks infinitely better than the WR’s taken in 2020. Even comparing rookie years Brown is much better.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kind of get sick of seeing people continue to say this.  His numbers would be fine in Tennessee.  It's not like they throw 10 times a game.  They've thrown enough to make A.J. Brown one of the best

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Having one single standout receiving option isn't enough the way the NFL is played now.

He's not just a standout he's a legit superstar. If Reynolds is a little less than Davis then that's fine. We've also not really had much a slot, Humphries hardly put up any stats, neither did the 4th WR. I think Firkster can out up stats, we just need another slot and a TE that can block and catch. Firkster is kinda like the slot WR too. Like I said earlier I'm not gonna panic yet. 

5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Having one single standout receiving option isn't enough the way the NFL is played now.

But what about the way the Titans play? 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

But what about the way the Titans play? 

What made the Titans offense so successful over the last 18 months was the efficiency/explosive plays of the passing game off the back of the run game.

If the efficiency/explosive plays decline due to having worse talent at WR/TE this offense is going isn't going to be close to what it has been recently. 

4 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

What made the Titans offense so successful over the last 18 months was the efficiency/explosive plays of the passing game off the back of the run game.

If the efficiency/explosive plays decline due to having worse talent at WR/TE this offense is going isn't going to be close to what it has been recently. 

But we know for a fact that the QB is the catalyst for that.  The offense, with Henry, Brown, Davis, Humphries, and Smith was putrid averaging 16 points a game.

8 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

But we know for a fact that the QB is the catalyst for that.  The offense, with Henry, Brown, Davis, Humphries, and Smith was putrid averaging 16 points a game.

No argument here on that point but this is more a Mariota issue than it is the quality of Henry/Brown/Davis/Smith/Humphries.

If JRob doesn't improve the offensive skill position group over the next 3 months we are going to find out just how good Tannehill is and whether he can elevate an offense with lesser overall talent.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

23 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

No argument here on that point but this is more a Mariota issue than it is the quality of Henry/Brown/Davis/Smith/Humphries.

If JRob doesn't improve the offensive skill position group over the next 3 months we are going to find out just how good Tannehill is and whether he can elevate an offense with lesser overall talent.

The offense with Tannehill has been productive in games where one or more of those skill guys were out.  There’s a reason why positional value is a concept.

1 minute ago, BudsOilers said:

The offense with Tannehill has been productive in games where one or more of those skill guys were out.  There’s a reason why positional value is a concept.

We will see if it transfers over an entire 17 game season

- Brown played in 15 of 17 games (including playoffs)

- Davis played in 15 of 17 games

- Smith played in 16 of 17 games

- Henry played in 17 of 17 games

22 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

We will see if it transfers over an entire 17 game season

- Brown played in 15 of 17 games (including playoffs)

- Davis played in 15 of 17 games

- Smith played in 16 of 17 games

- Henry played in 17 of 17 games

What about 2019?

12 hours ago, oldschool said:

@tgo is taking a pounding on the level of the ones @woolfolksunclesuncle  gives/takes!

That's a good thing---it builds character! It all comes back to what my mom always said, "if you can keep taking good poundings from random men, I won't have to set you on fire. Now, shut the fuck up and drink your sippy."

There were quite a few games last season that the Titans were without Brown, Davis or especially Humphries. They didn't have all 3 for that many games.  

Brown missed the Vikes game and they scored 30+ etc.....

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

There were quite a few games last season that the Titans were without Brown, Davis or especially Humphries. They didn't have all 3 for that many games.  

Brown missed the Vikes game and they scored 30+ etc.....

When you have an elite/near-elite QB, one of the best OLines in the NFL, and the best running back/running game in the NFL...your passing game will be decent.

Plus you have AJ.

I want more for the skills position, sure, but I’m not scared.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

I hate Jim so much for doing this lol. If we really only go into the season with those 12, then I would guess the top 6 would be:

AJB

Reynolds

Fitzpatrick

Westbrook-Ikhine

Chester Rogers

McMath

I know people will say Batson is the guy who is probably in line to play in the slot but I see Fitzpatrick beating him out and Rogers probably wins the PR duties. 

• Jonboy locked this topic