Falcons Listening to Offers for Julio Jones

Jonboy

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I would've re-signed Corey Davis and still let Jonnu Walk. I don't care how unpopular or "dumb" it would be. I'm willing to pay him to make sure our offense can repeat what they did in 2020. Sure, we can in theory sign one of these free agents and maybe they'll do just as well but I'd pay for the certainty.

Resign Corey Davis?

Then no Bud Dupree.

What do want to do with that D line?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kind of get sick of seeing people continue to say this.  His numbers would be fine in Tennessee.  It's not like they throw 10 times a game.  They've thrown enough to make A.J. Brown one of the best

Posted Images

Just now, 2ToneTerror said:

Resign Corey Davis?

Then no Bud Dupree.

What do want to do with that D line?

Not necessarily but even if I had to choose between the two, I'm signing Davis and then a cheaper pass rusher like Ngokue and then drafting an EDGE earlier than the 4th round. The pass rush MAY be much improved with Dupree, whereas I KNOW my offense stays elite with Davis. It's an offensive league. 

23 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Not necessarily but even if I had to choose between the two, I'm signing Davis and then a cheaper pass rusher like Ngokue and then drafting an EDGE earlier than the 4th round. The pass rush MAY be much improved with Dupree, whereas I KNOW my offense stays elite with Davis. It's an offensive league. 

People keep saying it’s an offensive league...but who won the super bowl, who did they beat and how did they do it?

we had to overhaul this defense man.

we had to reallocate funds

5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not sure you realize but the Bucs were number 3 in the NFL in offensive scoring last season ahead of the Chiefs who ranked 6th.

The Bucs are also absolutely loaded at the offensive skill position group

- Evans

- Godwin

- Brown

- Gronk

- Brate

What would your ideal off-season have looked like? Factoring in the actual contracts and draft position.

23 minutes ago, 2ToneTerror said:

People keep saying it’s an offensive league...but who won the super bowl, who did they beat and how did they do it?

we had to overhaul this defense man.

we had to reallocate funds

We could have done that without sacrificing so much of the offense. You're presenting a false choice where it was either keep Davis OR improve the defense and I reject that completely. The problem wasn't even resource allocation it was bad play/coaching. Our DL/pass rush had a 1st round DT, a second round 5-tech, a second round Edge rusher, and a high priced FA pass rusher in Clowney. Our LB corps had a 1st round ILB. Our secondary had a FA we paid #1 money to, a 1st round corner, and a second round corner we had just drafted (injuries derailed some of that but it wasn't for a lack of resources). There is no way that can be characterized as insufficient resources. 

You need to outscore the other team in today's NFL and I believe we've hurt our ability to do that. It's that simple. 

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Its absolutely insane that people are banking on Josh Reynolds who has a grand total of 1450 yds in 64 career games and has only twice managed to pass 75yds in a game to come in and be WR2 and if anything happened to AJ Brown be able to carry this receiving game.

Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen a single poster say that about Reynolds.  I really haven't seen anything close to that.

I have been a poster who has expressed that I think Reynolds is going to surprise some people.  I did watch a lot of the Rams last season.  I do think he will be at least an average WR2 and I do think his ceiling is higher than that.  However, I haven't said anything remotely close to him being able to carry this receiving game if AJ Brown goes down.

But yeah, it does appear at this point that is what JRob believes.  Only time will tell if another WR is brought in or not.

Edited by abenjami

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not sure you realize but the Bucs were number 3 in the NFL in offensive scoring last season ahead of the Chiefs who ranked 6th.

- Evans

- Godwin

- Brown

- Gronk

- Brate

Not to mention that offense scored TDs after nearly every turnover in the 3 playoff games and scored massive TDs before the half that allowed the defense to tee off in the 2nd halves. 

7 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

- Evans

- Godwin

- Brown

- Gronk

- Brate

So....they’re a balanced team you say?

interesting that. ?

6 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

We could have done that without sacrificing so much of the offense. You're presenting a false choice where it was either keep Davis OR improve the defense and I reject that completely. The problem wasn't even resource allocation it was bad play/coaching. Our DL/pass rush had a 1st round DT, a second round 5-tech, a second round Edge rusher, and a high priced FA pass rusher in Clowney. Our LB corps had a 1st round ILB. Our secondary had a FA we paid #1 money to, a 1st round corner, and a second round corner we had just drafted (injuries derailed some of that but it wasn't for a lack of resources). There is no way that can be characterized as insufficient resources. 

You need to outscore the other team in today's NFL and I believe we've hurt our ability to do that. It's that simple. 

Well if you think we could have kept the money in the offense and just win with the defense we had with better coaching, I guess that’s another debate altogether.

And definitely not an invalid one...

I don’t totally agree, but I get you.

Edited by 2ToneTerror

If Jrob brings in more skill players then the conversation will obviously change.  Until then, fans are completely justified to express their opinions about the offseason strategy thus far.  

Name calling doesn't make you mature or right.  It just makes you loud and obnoxious.  

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

If Jrob brings in more skill players then the conversation will obviously change.  Until then, fans are completely justified to express their opinions about the offseason strategy thus far.  

Name calling doesn't make you mature or right.  It just makes you loud and obnoxious.  

Furthermore, this isn't about what @Mythos27 or any other poster would have hypothetically done in the off season.  That's a diversion.

This is about what Robinson and Vrabel have done.

• Jonboy locked this topic