Falcons Listening to Offers for Julio Jones

Jonboy

3 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s going to get paid less than Corey Davis over the next 3 years. 

That's baffling to me. Weren't some people against trading for Julio advocating re-signing Davis?

If it's just the draft pick... ask yourself if you had the chance to trade the pick we used to draft Isaiah Wilson for a guy you reasonably knew for certain would bring positive impact for the team would you do it?

JJ would probably have far more impact on the team than some future 2nd round pick. For every AJB there are far more Travis LaBoys.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I kind of get sick of seeing people continue to say this.  His numbers would be fine in Tennessee.  It's not like they throw 10 times a game.  They've thrown enough to make A.J. Brown one of the best

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

That's baffling to me. Weren't some people against trading for Julio advocating re-signing Davis?

If it's just the draft pick... ask yourself if you had the chance to trade the pick we used to draft Isaiah Wilson for a guy you reasonably knew for certain would bring positive impact for the team would you do it?

JJ would probably have far more impact on the team than some future 2nd round pick. For every AJB there are far more Travis LaBoys.

What's wrong with Travis LaBoy?!?! What did he do to deserve this level of ridicule?!?!?!

Jk. 

God I do not miss the days of Antwan Odom and Travis LaBoy and Bo Schobel. 

Just now, tgo said:

What's wrong with Travis LaBoy?!?! What did he do to deserve this level of ridicule?!?!?!

Jk. 

I remember Odom and LaBoy being decent in 2007 and then did nothing on their future teams afterward.  I don't remember Schobel doing anything.

Just now, tgo said:

Jk. 

LaBoy YaBoy, I see... 

I also don't miss the days of Brandon Jones, Courtney Roby, and Roydell Williams. Some built a whole ass HoF career out of that one game against Houston for Roydell. For reference, that was the Bironas game where he hit 8 FGs. 

42 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

So then why the fuck do we care what Julio Jones thinks? Lol 

don't be naive. players of his caliber have tons of leverage even without no trade clauses.

Edited by oldschool

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

IMO age is literally the only reason not to do this deal and  think Julio still has 2-3 good years in him. I am not usually the guy that wants to sign everyone but sign him up. True difference-maker.

TO at age 33-35 still had a 1,000+ yard season. I definitely think Julio has at least 2-3 really good years, might even have a little more than that. Like TO, he's a freak. This is not Andre Johnson at the end of his career.

This board becomes enamored with any scrub with a name. OJ Howard? Gimme a break. Julio I agree is a true difference maker. It'd be like having two AJB on the field.

Edited by socaltitan

15 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

It doesn’t have to be Julio to upgrade the room. Tim Patrick is a clear upgrade and so is Anthony Miller or Michael Gallup (not sure he’s available). Just improve the room

Hamilton probably more likely than Patrick I would think. 

4 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

There is no way Julio Jones is playing for the Titans next year. Complete fantasy. If they were willing to tie up a ton of money in the WR room over the next 3 years then Davis would be a Titan

The fact they didn’t draft a guy that is a threat to compete says they want or are trying for Julio.. 

1 minute ago, IrishTitansFan said:

How about the fantasy of NWI going for 1500 yards!

Maybe NWI is a star in the waiting! He just needs a chance to start!

There's no way the team is trading decent draft capital to ATL for Jones without a reworked deal and there's zero chance Jones doesn't insist on a new deal since only 17 .3 M of the 38.326 M left on his deal is guaranteed.

I'd be skeptical of the Titans doing this unless ATL covers some salary but they really are not in a position to do that cap wise - it's why Jones is being shopped in the first place.

• Jonboy locked this topic