TR Dynasty 2021 (roll call)

Forking this convo back to this thread:

7 hours ago, oldschool said:

He spams the league non stop. The guy honestly would have been kicked out of any other league ages ago. Its kind of cute Jamal is using this as an excuse to bail on the league. Who is/are the bigger whiner/s/? the OG whiner/s/ or the whiner who whines about the whining and goes home? There is a clear answer...

Oh, I know he does. I've been there for every annoying bit of it. But honestly, we're TR. How much shit has been tolerated on this forum over the years and on TC before that?

I'd like to think I'm fairly tolerant either way, even though I got just about as annoyed by it as you. It's why I put him on ignore, which he found a way to game by constantly changing his team's name to some inane shit. It's a feature flaw of the Sleeper platform that you can't either mute those system notifications or limit how many times players can change their team name. Sleeper has a number of odd quirks, but these aren't quirks we can't live with save for extreme dingleberry muffin jerkish behavior.

Honestly, if I'd built this league from the ground up myself I'd have already booted him for that non-sense. But I don't know how appreciative the league, or Guru especially, would be if I just kicked someone out on my own whim regardless of how much they're pissing people off. The league belongs to the forum as far as I'm concerned and if someone is going to be kicked out of it it'd have to be ok with the league. I'd say put it to a league vote, but even that needs to be decided on by the league.

@TitansGuru
@Starkiller

@Bink

@wiscotitansfan

@heyitsmeallen

@TitansFan23

@abenjami

@IsntLifeFunny

@IrishTitansFan

Thoughts? Should there be league votes on such things? Also, should we summon the AI himself to tell him to fucking behave this year or else?

I don't think we should kick him. I would hope that he would tone it down in good faith, but at the end of the day the actual activity of the league is better because he is in it and he is competitive. It really doesn't bother me that much. 

I have no opinion as I’m new to the league, but the league should always be able to vote someone out if it was a serious problem.

But I will say I’m the commish of another long running Titans league that he is in and he hasn’t been a troll there. I had to institute a limit on transactions to keep him from adding and dropping players constantly, but that was it.

Edited by Starkiller

I have no qualms with him being in the league and don't really want to vote him out but unless there's a way to actually put the rules to limit his nonsense in place via the settings, he will just continue to cheese and troll the league.

We all know that nothing will change based on an honor system of being a decent league mate though

Putting a 1 FAAB minimum on any transaction cost is a very easy fix and solves a lot of shit while not breaking anything because we are given so much money. If you can't plan for emergency roster spots and have 0 left, that's just poor management and deserves penalties. (I've been in league's where it was $5 real money per move after 10, never ran into any problems with that)

Edited by wiscotitansfan

I'll just repeat what I said previously.  Nines doesn't bother me.  The ridiculous amount of transactions are unrealistic and annoying but they are within the league rules.

The league rules should be changed to require a $1 minimum charge for pickups.

I'll post a poll in the league about faab cost. 

The only downside to it is that it will have to be done manually for now because there is currently no option to implement a faab tax. I spoke to their help desk and they said they may implement it later this off-season. 

14 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

What he does is annoying as hell but it’s competitive. Maybe there should be add/cut limits added so you can only do so many per week?

Or a limited total per season. That’s what I had to do in the Titan Cup Champions league he is in when he was cycling through players.

9 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Or a limited total per season. That’s what I had to do in the Titan Cup Champions league he is in when he was cycling through players.

That’s what everyone is so annoyed about. He adds and drops tons of players during the week. Sometimes adding and dropping the same player on the same day. 

3 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

That’s what everyone is so annoyed about. He adds and drops tons of players during the week. Sometimes adding and dropping the same player on the same day. 

I limited it to something like 50 transactions per season and that put and end to it.