Vandy Baseball

freakingeek

5 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Presumably Rocker could pitch on Friday if they win on Wednesday. My concern is that if they can push Leiter up to pitch by Saturday (assuming they can win the next 2) would he be ready to pitch in the Championship round? He would need to go Monday-Saturday-Wednesday. And he threw a lot of pitches tonight (which at least saved the bullpen).

Best strategy might be to pitch Little or Reilly on Wednesday, Rocker on Friday, and then the other of Little or Reilly on Saturday (assuming they can get that far). Hope to start Leiter fresh in the championship and have Rocker ready to pitch a potential game 3.

Being in the losers bracket is a killer. It means having to pitch way more innings than NCSt has to. They blew a golden opportunity tonight.

Yeah bottom line when you are a 2 pitcher team you can't drop a game.  

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not as clutch as many of the past years like Swanson, Reynolds, et al.  But yes if it all clicks then yes certainly a fav to win.  Just hasn't been as much last 1/3 of season.  

WOW!!!!!!

Even the very best teams need some luck on their way to a championship and we certainly got it Tuesday night. I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell when we were down to two strikes, two ou

Too many Vandy batters looked at a called strike three. You can't do that in a tight pitchers duel. At least go down swinging. I'd like to see them give Little a start but it will probably be Reilly on Weds. Vandy is going to have to score some runs or they'll be watching it on TV back in Nashville. Corbs needs to get them fired up.

Didn't we pull one of those once or twice?  Feeling like we lost a walk off on a wild pitch and HBP/bases loaded before.  Maybe we cashed in on that loan.

Beck looked unbeatable then got rattled pretty quick at the end.

Cannot say have a ton of hope to move on now, but if Rocker pitches we have legit chance to at least win 1st one.  Bats really gotta wake up though.

As for today, just nice knowing there still is a tomorrow.   

Even the very best teams need some luck on their way to a championship and we certainly got it Tuesday night. I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell when we were down to two strikes, two outs. Bradfield was clutch.  Games like that one have a way of giving teams some serious momentum in a playoff format. I hope that's the case with Vandy. If we can take NC State down tonight, anything goes!

Just saw that.

They wouldn't postpone it would they?

Would assume they might run quick tests on any players in questions, wait for results, pull any affected (VU too perhaps since in recent contact) and then once determined call Play Ball.   Kinda how most Covid sports have gone.

Makes me wonder what % of each team has been vaccinated.

Just now, Starkiller said:

Game to start at 2:07 central. NCSt will be without “multiple” people

Thanks.  I'm not getting any updates (will watch on Watch ESPN online) so much appreciated.  No word on us then I assume.

Get that shot kids!  Or you might miss your shot.