Vandy Baseball

freakingeek

I know the Vandy fans here are few ad far between but Tim Corbin is killing it in the SEC/NCAA baseball. Vandy has sent more players to the major leagues than any other program in the NCAA in the last 7 years. This is particularly significant because the SEC is so strong in NCAA baseball. 7 of the top 15 teams are from the SEC. Vandy has the two best pitchers in NCAA baseball and they are predicted to got 1 and 2 the MLB draft. If you're a Vandy fan, this is living large! Vandy is currently #2 in the NCAA right behind Arkansas at #1. Go Dores!

Edited by freakingeek

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not as clutch as many of the past years like Swanson, Reynolds, et al.  But yes if it all clicks then yes certainly a fav to win.  Just hasn't been as much last 1/3 of season.  

WOW!!!!!!

Even the very best teams need some luck on their way to a championship and we certainly got it Tuesday night. I didn't think we had a snowball's chance in hell when we were down to two strikes, two ou

So which one of two pitchers (Leiter and Rocker) has the better MLB outlook?  It seems like Leiter has rocketed past  Rocker this year and is probably going #1.  Plus the bloodlines thing.  Asking because I’m a Pirates fan and we earned that #1 pick with such awful play.

11 hours ago, rns90 said:

So which one of two pitchers (Leiter and Rocker) has the better MLB outlook?  It seems like Leiter has rocketed past  Rocker this year and is probably going #1.  Plus the bloodlines thing.  Asking because I’m a Pirates fan and we earned that #1 pick with such awful play.

They are both outstanding. 95+ fastball. Leiter has the benefit from having a major league all star pitcher for a dad coaching him his entire career while Rocker is just a super human beast. I'd draft Rocker. Plus Kumar Rocker is just such a badass name. I think they'll both succeed in MLB.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Leiter has been disappointing of late. Hopefully a week off to rest his arm will fix things. 

He was so dominant his first 7-8 games I really doubted he could sustain that for an entire season. The kid is like a thoroughbred horse. They can get too amped up. Corbs will keep him grounded.

• 4 weeks later...

Vandy is 2-0 in the NCAA Regional in Nashville. One win away from the Super Regionals. Leiter and Rocker have been outstanding. Christian Little, freshman phenom on the mound tomorrow. Go Vandy!

I went to the NCAA regionals final game last night in Nashville. An 11 inning, five hour marathon that Vandy won on a bases loaded with nobody out, grand slam home run. Never count these boys out. Vandy clinched the regional and will host the super regional against East Carolina for a trip to the College World Series!! Go Vandy!!

Vandy runs the regional and super regional gauntlet and are the first team to cement their spot in the College World Series with excellent pitching and timely hitting. On to Omaha as defending National Champions, even though Kumar Rocker is the only player on this team that played on the 2019 championship team. I like their chances. Go NC State and South Florida, both trying to knock national seeds #1 Arkansas and #2 Texas out of the tournament today.

Not sure we have the bats nor pitching depth behind that 1-2 punch to win it all this year, and it showed down the stretch as we dropped a few series.

But as long as Rocker and Lighter are On, we're a really tough out.  Still gotta favor Arkansas I think at think point with Tennessee gettting some serious consideration as they have been on a roll lately.

1 hour ago, ctm said:

#1 Arkansas eliminated.

Yeah surprising but happy about it.   We had a hard time with them.

Looking like:

Vandy*

UT*

Stanford*

NC State*

Texas

Arizona

ODU or UVA

Miss St or ND

On 6/13/2021 at 3:50 PM, chef said:

Not sure we have the bats nor pitching depth behind that 1-2 punch to win it all this year, and it showed down the stretch as we dropped a few series.

But as long as Rocker and Lighter are On, we're a really tough out.  Still gotta favor Arkansas I think at think point with Tennessee gettting some serious consideration as they have been on a roll lately.

Well, the Hogs choked so that's a positive for Vandy. Now, Vandy's bats need to get cranked up. Right now Tennessee scares me more than anyone. Imagine a UT/ Vandy final? 

On 6/13/2021 at 8:01 PM, ctm said:

#1 Arkansas eliminated.

They beat NC State 21-3 the first game in the Supers. I think they took it for granted they were headed to Omaha. They were the team I feared the most of all the teams in the Supers.

On 6/13/2021 at 3:50 PM, chef said:

The offense has its moments. They always seem to leave too many men on base. Hopefully they can puts things together at the right time.