When Did Systemic Racism End?

AJClown

1 hour ago, Btowner said:

As expected the thread was LTFed. Instead of answering the OP's question, posters are spending more time answering LTF's questions that he will redirect to more questions.

Exactly.  He plays 'em like a fiddle.  For whatever reason, certain ones believe getting the last word equals winning the argument.  Or, leaving LTF with the last word is somehow losing, or that it matters that he thinks he got them with a big "gotcha!".   Oh the horror!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been pointing out that Republicans are heavily propagandized, conditioned to have an emotional loathing for Democrats. As such, they are not looking for a rational discussion on race issues with

Just stop responding to LTF.  Please.

Don't argue with this prick.  He's laughing at you right now as he trolls you mercilessly.  Last word does not equal a win.  How many times do I have to tell you jackasses?

6 hours ago, Btowner said:

As expected the thread was LTFed. Instead of answering the OP's question, posters are spending more time answering LTF's questions that he will redirect to more questions.

Yeah, we should be able to make a blanket statement with no supporting facts. How fucking rude you are to ask us to provide examples. 

10 hours ago, MadMax said:

Any jackass that quotes and answers the above bullshit gets permanently banned by MadMax.  I'm done with this.

I stopped responding to longtimebitch a while ago. I have no time for those who aren't actually interested in discourse. 

Hey @MadMax you have been on ignore for years. But it seems you still follow me around like a little puppy dog. Sooooo cute.

Like I have said before, you libs throw out your woke phrases with no examples to back them up and think they are some proven 100% true facts. 

There's two common responses to the original post.

"Systemic racism never ended so what do you mean when did it end?"

And then there's "Systemic racism never existed and if it did exist it was your fault and besides you made me do it.  Obama!  HILLARY!"

Honestly I don't know what people expect from this thread other than lancing a boil.

1 hour ago, pat said:

There's two common responses to the original post.

"Systemic racism never ended so what do you mean when did it end?"

And then there's "Systemic racism never existed and if it did exist it was your fault and besides you made me do it.  Obama!  HILLARY!"

Honestly I don't know what people expect from this thread other than lancing a boil.

There is alot of talk of this nebulous term systemic racism. But when you ask people to give concrete examples in the last 50 yrs, they deflect and call you a thread hijacker. 

Now you gave an example. Did it disproportionately effect black Americans. Yes. Was it intentional? I doubt that and they corrected it (albeit 25 yrs later). 

Are there racists? Fuck yes.  And they do tend to flock together. In this age of 24/7 instant news it isn't hard to find examples. Just like it's not hard to find examples of people beating old people with bats. 

Is this a racist country? Nope. Can things improve. Sure. Is it always one race or one political party or the cops fault? Nope. 

So give some specific examples @unauthorizedcinnamon. You started the thread.

55 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

So give some specific examples @unauthorizedcinnamon. You started the thread.

He will be able to give specific examples of racism, but not systemic.   

But I will provide an example to the contrary.   Black policemen shoot armed and unarmed black men at the same rates as white officers.    

How about the rather embarrassing lack of minority hires for GM and head coach positions in the NFL?

60-70% of NFL players are black.  Minorities are well represented as coordinators and assistant coaches  throughout the league...yet they make up only a small handful of the sixty-four GM and Head coaching positions.

And ofcourse, many of us can vividly remember the era where black quarterbacks were literally nonexistent at the NFL level.  Teams offered up all sorts of reasons and excuses for why this was....at the end of the day, it had little to do with skill set or intelligence.  It was an unwritten-but-long-standing policy of refusing to consider  black quarterbacks simply due to the color of their skin. 

This is a curious example of alleged systemic racism.

So you are saying the owners are racist for not hiring more Latino and white players? Nope. Are they not hiring black coordinators or assistants. Nope.

These 32 owners are racist for not hiring an equal percentage of 64 jobs available in the ENTIRE COUNTRY that reflect the anti white racist practice of not hiring white players.

On 4/29/2021 at 7:18 PM, pat said:

Keep passing the biscuit boys ?

I've been pointing out that Republicans are heavily propagandized, conditioned to have an emotional loathing for Democrats. As such, they are not looking for a rational discussion on race issues with Democrats, but instead reacting with that loathing.

They view Democrats as conniving opportunists only trying to use 'race' as a weapon to attack them, and they're trying to win.

It helps to understand by looking at an analogy. Imagine you see a trumpista wearing a MAGA hat, wearing a Roger Stone shirt, carrying a confederate flag, approach you saying 'I want to talk to you about the murder of unborn children by abortion by your party'.

Do you respond with, 'oh, I care about their feelings, I'll listen to them and concede any valid points they make'? Or do you respond to it as an attack on Democrats and with hostility and wanting to get rid of them?

I think that's a lot of how they see Democrats 'wanting to talk about racial justice'. And so they're just wanting to deny the Democrats any 'wins' at their expense, seeing themselves as under attack even if they would otherwise agree with any of the points. There's also the 'fatigue factor' that shuts down their brains - they hear 'race' and just block it out similar to how Democrats react to a Republican saying 'stolen election'.

For them it's about their being attacked by Democrats, not about the actual issue. And the result is essentially zero listening of rational discussion.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:24 PM, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

I've been pointing out that Republicans are heavily propagandized, conditioned to have an emotional loathing for Democrats. As such, they are not looking for a rational discussion on race issues with Democrats, but instead reacting with that loathing.

They view Democrats as conniving opportunists only trying to use 'race' as a weapon to attack them, and they're trying to win.

It helps to understand by looking at an analogy. Imagine you see a trumpista wearing a MAGA hat, wearing a Roger Stone shirt, carrying a confederate flag, approach you saying 'I want to talk to you about the murder of unborn children by abortion by your party'.

Do you respond with, 'oh, I care about their feelings, I'll listen to them and concede any valid points they make'? Or do you respond to it as an attack on Democrats and with hostility and wanting to get rid of them?

I think that's a lot of how they see Democrats 'wanting to talk about racial justice'. And so they're just wanting to deny the Democrats any 'wins' at their expense, seeing themselves as under attack even if they would otherwise agree with any of the points. There's also the 'fatigue factor' that shuts down their brains - they hear 'race' and just block it out similar to how Democrats react to a Republican saying 'stolen election'.

For them it's about their being attacked by Democrats, not about the actual issue. And the result is essentially zero listening of rational discussion.

Hey that's a great example of systemic racism...oh wait, it's not. So have you thought of any in the last 50 yrs?