Titans Players Boycotting Voluntary Workouts

tgo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is clearly the players using Covid as an excuse to not have workouts. Vaccines are available and so are very strict protocols at the facility they would have o follow.    Get your fucki

Our defense might benefit from less time around their coaches.

James should have shown up to the facility acting like everything was fine and immediately “get injured”. ?

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

Much safer to just sit on your ass and eat cookies at home. No snack has ever cost me $10M…

I was just joking with my brother that i would move into the team facilities. Fuck living at home babe i cant afford to chase walking off the property.

While you can't attribute all these injuries to missing workouts, this was my point earlier.  The bigger issue is timing/sloppy play, etc.... Especially during covid.  We saw this alot last year.

It's pretty sad for the players...they are just trying to exercise what little leverage they have.  NFL owners are running things.  I would totally get DeMaurice out....  The players need new leadership and a new strategy.

Edited by VaTitan

33 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

While you can't attribute all these injuries to missing workouts, this was my point earlier.  The bigger issue is timing/sloppy play, etc.... Especially during covid.  We saw this alot last year.

It's pretty sad for the players...they are just trying to exercise what little leverage they have.  NFL owners are running things.  I would totally get DeMaurice out....  The players need new leadership and a new strategy.

No we didn't. The quality of play was way better than anyone expected with all the virtual shit and the restricted training camps. Tretter actually uses that fact to hammer home why the NFL should do away with the offseason program. I disagree on that point as the overall drop in tackling and play has been an issue since the last decade when the NFLPA succeeded in severely limiting padded practices. It had nothing to do with covid last year.

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

No we didn't. The quality of play was way better than anyone expected with all the virtual shit and the restricted training camps. Tretter actually uses that fact to hammer home why the NFL should do away with the offseason program. I disagree on that point as the overall drop in tackling and play has been an issue since the last decade when the NFLPA succeeded in severely limiting padded practices. It had nothing to do with covid last year.

Maybe it wasn't the disaster everyone expected, but I noticed huge issues to start the year last year.  

The point that the players are making with these off-season workouts is just stupid.  What's the point of boycotting the facility and doing it on your own?  Just to prove a point that they don't have to do what the owners say?  Lol....it's stupid and apparently can cost alot of $$

A lot of things to unpack here. 

Firstly, dismissing the players' legitimate stance because they make a lot of money is ridiculous. I hope you don't ever try to make a positive change about your working situation because someone who is poorer than you exists. 

The concept of "voluntary" workouts that are only that in name, and the extra game added without consideration for the toll it takes on players' bodies is legitimate. I think the position of the players to limit risk to injury and risk to the further bodily harm they take on by exploring alternative means of training and preparation is very valid. A lot of coaches and NFL personnel have a very old school mindset--but thinking about wear and tear on NFL bodies, why wouldn't it be logical to limit non-revenue generating activities. 

The players only have so much power through collective bargaining to institute change. They deserve to exercise that right. 

That said, this shows their plan here and their leadership absolutely missed the mark. This injury, and the leverage it hands the owners, is a colossal "L" handed directly to the union. 

The NFLPA should never have placed folks in a position to work out in a different facility. 

The strategy here is really questionable.

1 hour ago, Bink said:

A lot of things to unpack here. 

Firstly, dismissing the players' legitimate stance because they make a lot of money is ridiculous. I hope you don't ever try to make a positive change about your working situation because someone who is poorer than you exists. 

The concept of "voluntary" workouts that are only that in name, and the extra game added without consideration for the toll it takes on players' bodies is legitimate. I think the position of the players to limit risk to injury and risk to the further bodily harm they take on by exploring alternative means of training and preparation is very valid. A lot of coaches and NFL personnel have a very old school mindset--but thinking about wear and tear on NFL bodies, why wouldn't it be logical to limit non-revenue generating activities. 

The players only have so much power through collective bargaining to institute change. They deserve to exercise that right. 

That said, this shows their plan here and their leadership absolutely missed the mark. This injury, and the leverage it hands the owners, is a colossal "L" handed directly to the union. 

The NFLPA should never have placed folks in a position to work out in a different facility. 

The strategy here is really questionable.

Your stance is not consistent with how the world works.

First, you say: "dismissing the players' legitimate stance because they make a lot of money is ridiculous."

Sorry, but many jobs outside of sports work that way also. How many managers or business people do you know that routinely work 70 - hours because it is expected when you make a certain amount of money?  And they do it for many more years than a typical sports career and it hurts their body because of lack of exercy, nutrition, rest, and increased stress.  

Of course people who are compensated more are expected to sacrifice more. That's how life works.

Next, the voluntary workouts now have very minimal physical contact now. This is not the 1970s with 2-a-days in the hot sun. Any professional athlete should be able to handle the voluntary workout schedule unless they're in terrible shape.

These voluntary workouts are not even the preseason stuff.  That's a different topic. This is about getting more money for activity and posturing for it.

1 hour ago, JT2000 said:

Your stance is not consistent with how the world works.

First, you say: "dismissing the players' legitimate stance because they make a lot of money is ridiculous."

Sorry, but many jobs outside of sports work that way also. How many managers or business people do you know that routinely work 70 - hours because it is expected when you make a certain amount of money?  And they do it for many more years than a typical sports career and it hurts their body because of lack of exercy, nutrition, rest, and increased stress.  

Of course people who are compensated more are expected to sacrifice more. That's how life works.

Next, the voluntary workouts now have very minimal physical contact now. This is not the 1970s with 2-a-days in the hot sun. Any professional athlete should be able to handle the voluntary workout schedule unless they're in terrible shape.

These voluntary workouts are not even the preseason stuff.  That's a different topic. This is about getting more money for activity and posturing for it.

Yes, I realize this. People also use whatever institutional leverage they have to improve their situation and make work life balance decisions as a collective group. You are right we aren't in the 1970s anymore--people have worked to achieve the changes you see today.