If we go WR in round 1, who do you think we likely draft?

NashvilleNinja

IF we draft a receiver rnd 1  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• J'Marr Chase
    • DeVonta Smith
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Kadarius Toney
    • Terrace Marshall
    • Rondale Moore
    • Elijah Moore
    • Rashod Bateman
    • Tylan Wallace
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2021 at 11:15 PM

I only have a skillset preference, but I've seen a few players talked about on here or players I've read a little about that I liked. Waddle, Tylan Wallace, the Moore guys, etc.

Some of these guys in the poll are seen as going in the 2nd or later, but pre-draft rankings are always off. Some go earlier and some go later or much later. If we're going with a guy in the 1st it won't matter if they were said to go later. So... just vote who you like for us.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

I'm a biased lsu fan, and he's from near my hometown, so I'd love Marshall.  He was great in the red zone, and can play outside or inside.  His 40 time likely puts him out of our range, but I'd take him if he were at 22.

Edited by jphardy

4 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Not a chance we go WR when we need EDGE, DL, OT, C, CB, LB.

We've had good luck with second round receivers from Ole Miss, why change now?

I'd hardly say there's "not a chance". We need WR too and it's a pretty important position to fill out given how thin we are there.

If there's a great can't-miss corner there or wonder of wonders sees an inexplicable fall of an edge rusher to us then so be it. But I'd hope we don't go with any of those other positions just because the need is there if there is a better receiver available for the pick/position than there is ____ at ____.

BPA all day. Unless it's an OT. I'll jump off a god damn bridge if we draft another OT in the 1st.

13 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'd hardly say there's "not a chance". We need WR too and it's a pretty important position to fill out given how thin we are there.

If there's a great can't-miss corner there or wonder of wonders sees an inexplicable fall of an edge rusher to us then so be it. But I'd hope we don't go with any of those other positions just because the need is there if there is a better receiver available for the pick/position than there is ____ at ____.

BPA all day. Unless it's an OT. I'll jump off a god damn bridge if we draft another OT in the 1st.

I just think there's definitely gonna be a higher rated player at a position other than receiver. 100% possible we draft Creed Humphrey if he's there. Yall need to go ahead and start living with that possibility with BJ's contract on the line. 

4 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Not a chance we go WR when we need EDGE, DL, OT, C, CB, LB.

We've had good luck with second round receivers from Ole Miss, why change now?

Cause WR is a huge need as well. You have no other long term option at WR aside from AJ Brown. Love Elijah Moore, but he will be long gone before pick 53 unfortunately. So it is either take him at 22, trade back a little ways, or trade up from 53 if that is who we target. With so many needs as you specified we need as many picks so we won't be trading up.

That being said we have our starters in place at EDGE, C, and LB (for now). They need big time depth at those spots, but as we have talked about endlessly. It is WR, CB, RT, TE as the four major positions where starter potential needs to be added ASAP.

1 minute ago, titanskick8851 said:

Cause WR is a huge need as well. You have no other long term option at WR aside from AJ Brown. Love Elijah Moore, but he will be long gone before pick 53 unfortunately. So it is either take him at 22, trade back a little ways, or trade up from 53 if that is who we target. With so many needs as you specified we need as many picks so we won't be trading up.

That being said we have our starters in place at EDGE, C, and LB (for now). They need big time depth at those spots, but as we have talked about endlessly. It is WR, CB, RT, TE as the four major positions where starter potential needs to be added ASAP.

Also, related this is why the Barramore stuff doesn't really make sense.

10 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Also, related this is why the Barramore stuff doesn't really make sense.

No way they go Barrmore there. I do think we'll take a nose in 4th or so. A lot of monsters that just don't warrant a high pick. Wyatt mentioned he thinks we'll add interior Dline in draft too. 

On 4/14/2021 at 12:05 AM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Tylan Wallace isn't in the first round conversation.

Assuming Chase/Waddle/Smith are gone I think the pick would be either Rashod Bateman or Elijah Moore.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking too. I erred on this side of Bateman as he's more of a traditional Corey Davis replacement. 

On 4/13/2021 at 11:05 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Tylan Wallace isn't in the first round conversation.

Assuming Chase/Waddle/Smith are gone I think the pick would be either Rashod Bateman or Elijah Moore.

I just got done watching highlights of Bateman, Moore, Wallace, and Waddle. I hope to god Waddle is still there. I've said I'd prefer to stick n pick, but he's the guy I wouldn't get upset over moving up for. Seems he and AJB together would alter opponents defensive plans more than any other receiver on the list. Which would only be good news for DHenry and any attempts to prolong his career here. Take focus off of him.

I wanted CDavis back, but he really didn't have a diverse skillset in the context of what we need.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I just got done watching highlights of Bateman, Moore, Wallace, and Waddle. I hope to god Waddle is still there. I've said I'd prefer to stick n pick, but he's the guy I wouldn't get upset over moving up for. Seems he and AJB together would alter opponents defensive plans more than any other receiver on the list. Which would only good news for DHenry and any attempts to prolong his career here. Take focus off of him.

I wanted CDavis back, but he really didn't have a diverse skillset in the context of what we need.

There would have to be some serious medical red flags with that broken ankle for Waddle to get within 7-8 picks of the Titans at #22, if the Falcons took Pitts at #4 and the Bengals took Chase at #5 there is a chance Waddle could go 6th to the Dolphins.