Farley would be a really good pick at 22.  His back injury (discectomy) has a low risk prognosis, and ACL in today's medicine is also low risk.  High reward.

In any case, it would not be essential that he be ready for game one.  Fulton and Jenkins and the depth will be OK to start if Farley needs more time.  And 'OK' is better than last year.

pro

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he is there at 22, he should be the pick.      Don't overthink it, Robinson. Top 5 talent.      As I said in another thread though, I'd also be fine with Bat

If he was a sure-fire top 5 player with minimal risk, he wouldn't be available at #22.   You're creating a false dilemma: either draft this amazing player who's injury concerns aren't a big

If Farley is there, don't blink!  Take him!

If he was a sure-fire top 5 player with minimal risk, he wouldn't be available at #22.

You're creating a false dilemma: either draft this amazing player who's injury concerns aren't a big deal, or draft a 2nd round talent. There are other options. Players will be available at #22 who will turn into Probowlers -- it's JRob's job to identify the talent and fit, and ideally find a player who will actually contribute.

5 minutes ago, cenj said:

If he was a sure-fire top 5 player with minimal risk, he wouldn't be available at #22.

You're creating a false dilemma: either draft this amazing player who's injury concerns aren't a big deal, or draft a 2nd round talent. There are other options. Players will be available at #22 who will turn into Probowlers -- it's JRob's job to identify the talent and fit, and ideally find a player who will actually contribute.

Lol - kind of like how Simmons was available at pick 19 or Randy Moss was available at pick 21? 

And yes, there are other players that will be available that will be good players, but they are highly unlikely to be Pro Bowlers.

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Lol - kind of like how Simmons was available at pick 19 or Randy Moss was available at pick 21? 

And yes, there are other players that will be available that will be good players, but they are highly unlikely to be Pro Bowlers.

And I counter with Randy Gregory, Dorial Green-Beckham, and Pacman. Malik Hooker had injury concerns leading up to the draft, and is still a FA right now because he's stayed injured his first 4 years in the NFL. 

Some players pan out, some bust -- thus the risk-reward. I'm not saying he absolutely won't be a good player, I'm saying there's a big risk (thus the reason not every team jumps on these types of players). Maybe it works out, but if it doesn't...

On 4/8/2021 at 8:48 AM, tgo said:

He's only ranked lower due to the injury concern though and the opt-out. I trust Daniel Jeremiah more than anyone (who didn't have Isaiah Wilson in his top 50 players), and he says Farley is still a top 5 talent but will fall due to the concerns. 

Brugler has him at number 4 behind Newsome. But he projects Newsome as an "NFL Starter" while he says Farley has "Pro Bowl potential." 

People seem to be discounting the injury concerns with Newsome who was constantly missing games due to nagging injuries. 

I was reading more and Farley lost his mother to cancer in 2018 and one of the main reasons he opted out was that he said he "couldn't afford to lose anyone else" and cited the lax masking and testing policies at the VA Tech football program. 

Chris Simms said he thinks Farley's tape was better than Ramsey coming out. Called him a top 3 player easily. 

One guy's opinion, but it gives some hint on the type of potential. Scared money don't make money. I'd be happy with Farley if they ok with his medicals.

Edited by socaltitan
Posted (edited)

I'd like to see one of the following players drafted at our spot: 

Caleb Farley

Teven Jenkins

Greg Newsome II

Rashod Bateman

Christian Barmore

(Zaven Collins)

I'd be disappointed if they selected Toney. 

Edited by tgo
25 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'd like to see one of the following players drafted at our spot: 

Caleb Farley

Teven Jenkins

Greg Newsome II

Rashod Bateman

Christian Barmore

(Zaven Collins)

I'd be disappointed if they selected Toney. 

Would be stunned if they took Toney at #22.