• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he is there at 22, he should be the pick.      Don't overthink it, Robinson. Top 5 talent.      As I said in another thread though, I'd also be fine with Bat

If he was a sure-fire top 5 player with minimal risk, he wouldn't be available at #22.   You're creating a false dilemma: either draft this amazing player who's injury concerns aren't a big

If Farley is there, don't blink!  Take him!

I'm surprised after the Wilson fiasco last year that you'd double-down on another massive risk. JRob sure as hell better think this through -- he's had consistent injury issues and talks with an unearned bravado that puts up massive red flags. 

We can't draft another 1st round pick that doesn't contribute much for 4 years (regardless of the reason). 

2 minutes ago, cenj said:

I'm surprised after the Wilson fiasco last year that you'd double-down on another massive risk. JRob sure as hell better think this through -- he's had consistent injury issues and talks with an unearned bravado that puts up massive red flags. 

We can't draft another 1st round pick that doesn't contribute much for 4 years (regardless of the reason). 

Why would he not contribute much for the first 4 years? Didn't Gronk contribute a lot in his first 4 years after the having more back issues than Farley in college? 

He'll likely be full go for training camp. 

The reality is that Farley is the only blue chip player that will be available at 22. The others are middling/borderline 2nd rounders. 

What's the bigger risk: taking basically a second round player at 22 or taking a chance on a blue chip talent with a manageable injury. 

I think he'll be there.  But I also think Jenkins the OT, a stud LB and and edge guy will all be there.  TN spot this year is pretty good.  They will get a player in one that will help.  The board will dictate the pick.  Right now 5 QB going before them is a blessing in disguise.  

Is he blue chip though?  He's only played CB for two years, took 2020 off, and seems to be consistently ranked as the 3rd or 4th best CB in the draft.

No question he's got big upside but he seems awfully boom or bust to me. 

2 minutes ago, Nash said:

Zaven Collins has gotten a lot of Jrob's attention...he even did his workout at pro-day, Tulsa would qualify as small college program.. 6'4" 268 OLB.. that seems like a pretty safe selection with tremendous upside 

Rumors are Jerry Jones loves Collins, so you know what that means.

3 minutes ago, BudsOilers said:

Is he blue chip though?  He's only played CB for two years, took 2020 off, and seems to be consistently ranked as the 3rd or 4th best CB in the draft.

No question he's got big upside but he seems awfully boom or bust to me. 

He's only ranked lower due to the injury concern though and the opt-out. I trust Daniel Jeremiah more than anyone (who didn't have Isaiah Wilson in his top 50 players), and he says Farley is still a top 5 talent but will fall due to the concerns. 

Brugler has him at number 4 behind Newsome. But he projects Newsome as an "NFL Starter" while he says Farley has "Pro Bowl potential." 

People seem to be discounting the injury concerns with Newsome who was constantly missing games due to nagging injuries. 

I was reading more and Farley lost his mother to cancer in 2018 and one of the main reasons he opted out was that he said he "couldn't afford to lose anyone else" and cited the lax masking and testing policies at the VA Tech football program. 

10 minutes ago, Nash said:

Zaven Collins has gotten a lot of Jrob's attention...he even did his workout at pro-day, Tulsa would qualify as small college program.. 6'4" 268 OLB.. that seems like a pretty safe selection with tremendous upside 

Yeah, I should have included him in my list.