Titans Hire Jim Schwartz as Senior Assistant

38 minutes ago, bondra316v2 said:

"Schwartz will be a resource for Bowen, and the defensive staff."  That is directly from Titansonline.  Translation, hey Shane you're doing it wrong.  Try this.

Yeah I still don't know how great of an Impact a 4-3 minded guy will have on a primarily ran 3-4 defense. It's like trying to fit a Square peg into a round hole. Mike Vrabel is a 3-4. Minded guy and you know he knows football but even he is clueless.

Edited by NFL2K5
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Schwartz is a very smart guy who understands the league very well   It can only be a good thing imo

In Madden they don't have a senior assistant position.....

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BudsOilers said:

IIRC, JS was the 3rd down coordinator when he was the LB coach under Gregg Williams before getting elevated to DC in 2001.  He certainly could lend help in that area where the team was horrid last year.

He's also great with red zone defense. 

Interesting. He will help the defense. He was more of a 4-3 so hopefully this means we will be running a more hybrid style defense. This could be very good.

6 hours ago, NFL2K5 said:

Lol senior assistant of defense? Senior assistant. Somebody tell me what the duty of a senior assistant is and I will leave this site for good. And no Hogwash. A senior assistant has extra assistant duty's? Lol.

We all know this is a lie. You’ll just retire the NFL2K5 account, make a new one, and claim you don’t know who the fuck your other persona is when you get called out. 

On 4/6/2021 at 8:12 PM, OILERMAN said:

Schwartz is a very smart guy who understands the league very well

It can only be a good thing imo

You beat me to it. This is exactly what I was going to say. This hiring can only be viewed as a good thing. Pretty masterful of Vrabel to bring in veteran experience at pressuring the QB and defensive schemes without having to publicly throw Bowen under the bus. It’s also plan B should Bowen fall flat on his face.

It also demonstrates Vrabel has a willingness to seek outside help. Some people will probably speculate that JRob forced this to happen but we’ll never know. It’s my opinion that he didn’t because that just muddies the water as to who takes responsibility for failures.

46 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

We all know this is a lie. You’ll just retire the NFL2K5 account, make a new one, and claim you don’t know who the fuck your other persona is when you get called out. 

Lolol why are people on this site so angry all the time *Shrug*.

1 hour ago, StephenIsLegend said:

This. And why does it not surprise me that this guy doesn't understand a simple sentence?  It's just the latest episode of Rasskass is a moron.  I don't anything will ever top the inability to understand NFL broadcasting maps and rules though.

24 minutes ago, rns90 said:

This. And why does it not surprise me that this guy doesn't understand a simple sentence?  It's just the latest episode of Rasskass is a moron.  I don't anything will ever top the inability to understand NFL broadcasting maps and rules though.

Haha.  That was great.  

Just speculating here , but it sure sounds like we are going to run an aggressive nickle defense this year .. and Schwartz will be integral to its development..

4 minutes ago, Nash said:

Just speculating here , but it sure sounds like we are going to run an aggressive nickle defense this year .. and Schwartz will be integral to its development..

Define aggressive,  Schwartz largely has been a rush 4 guy.  Philly blitzed less that the Titans did.  This ain't Gregg Williams or Todd Bowles.....

I expect him to help but he doesn't represent some massive shift in philosophy.

2 hours ago, NFL2K5 said:

Lolol why are people on this site so angry all the time *Shrug*.

Just look at the shit you clutter this board with and you’ll understand why. Plus, the fact everyone knows who you are and you STILL claim the opposite. 

You’re better off just playing Madden.