Titans Hire Jim Schwartz as Senior Assistant

tgo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Schwartz is a very smart guy who understands the league very well   It can only be a good thing imo

In Madden they don't have a senior assistant position.....

Posted Images

Remember what Vrabel said after the hire- that the defense would be multiple up front and constant in the back end.. so has that changed?   Does constant in the back mean press man? Does multiple up front mean blitzes or varying between 4 or 5 rushing? 

7 minutes ago, Nash said:

Remember what Vrabel said after the hire- that the defense would be multiple up front and constant in the back end.. so has that changed?   Does constant in the back mean press man? Does multiple up front mean blitzes or varying between 4 or 5 rushing? 

Multiple fronts = 3/4/5 DL alignments, with simulated pressures - e.g. rushing the nickel and dropping the 5T into coverage or rushing a safety and dropping the OLB.  Or moving an OLB inside to rush the A gap. 

Edited by tgo

3 hours ago, NFL2K5 said:

Lol senior assistant of defense? Senior assistant. Somebody tell me what the duty of a senior assistant is and I will leave this site for good. And no Hogwash. A senior assistant has extra assistant duty's? Lol.

"Schwartz will be a resource for Bowen, and the defensive staff."  That is directly from Titansonline.  Translation, hey Shane you're doing it wrong.  Try this.

31 minutes ago, bondra316v2 said:

"Schwartz will be a resource for Bowen, and the defensive staff."  That is directly from Titansonline.  Translation, hey Shane you're doing it wrong.  Try this.

Thinking back about the defense last year we were actually really good at causing turnovers on early downs and putting teams in 3rd and long. We were just absolute dog shit on 3rd and long and RZ. Hopefully he’s here to help with those two situations. 

1 minute ago, BudsOilers said:

IIRC, JS was the 3rd down coordinator when he was the LB coach under Gregg Williams before getting elevated to DC in 2001.  He certainly could lend help in that area where the team was horrid last year.

He's also great with red zone defense. 

6 hours ago, NFL2K5 said:

Lol senior assistant of defense? Senior assistant. Somebody tell me what the duty of a senior assistant is and I will leave this site for good. And no Hogwash. A senior assistant has extra assistant duty's? Lol.

We all know this is a lie. You’ll just retire the NFL2K5 account, make a new one, and claim you don’t know who the fuck your other persona is when you get called out. 

On 4/6/2021 at 8:12 PM, OILERMAN said:

Schwartz is a very smart guy who understands the league very well

It can only be a good thing imo

You beat me to it. This is exactly what I was going to say. This hiring can only be viewed as a good thing. Pretty masterful of Vrabel to bring in veteran experience at pressuring the QB and defensive schemes without having to publicly throw Bowen under the bus. It’s also plan B should Bowen fall flat on his face.

It also demonstrates Vrabel has a willingness to seek outside help. Some people will probably speculate that JRob forced this to happen but we’ll never know. It’s my opinion that he didn’t because that just muddies the water as to who takes responsibility for failures.