Titans Hire Jim Schwartz as Senior Assistant

tgo

1 hour ago, Spartacus1987 said:

Exactly!!! He had a great D in 08 because of Albert Hayneswortth. Without him Scwartz is VERY average but still a step above Vrabel and Bowen 

He was only a good DC when he had good players in Tennessee and Philly!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Schwartz is a very smart guy who understands the league very well   It can only be a good thing imo

In Madden they don't have a senior assistant position.....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, VaTitan said:

It's puzzling to process why Vrabel thinks Bowen deserves so much support. 

It's like a project at work where you are still the manager but upper management is crawling up your butt every day asking questions because it has gone so poorly so far.

30 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

It's like a project at work where you are still the manager but upper management is crawling up your butt every day asking questions because it has gone so poorly so far.

This is not the same thing.  These guys are paid millions.  Even proven coaches are on a short leash....

23 minutes ago, VaTitan said:

This is not the same thing.  These guys are paid millions.  Even proven coaches are on a short leash....

Lots of d-coordinators out there, not to many newly made DCs after being a shadow DC last year, with a defensive HC (who rand the D last year)  and now a former HC as senior defensive advisor. This is scrutiny city even for guys being paid millions. And maybe Haslett is lurking around as well with his opinions.

It's the same role they wanted Pees to take.  It gives Bowen additional support - something that a pretty inexperienced DC could use.  The only potential concern is too many cooks in the kitchen and making sure that doesn't give out mixed messages to the players.

On the other hand, JRob and Vrabel must see something in Bowen, to first make him DC and then to give him a high powered assistant.. I’ve thought about this for a day, and Schwartz’s strengths include his analytics and organizational skill.. I’m not expecting a scheme change, mainly because we don’t have the players..

39 minutes ago, Nash said:

On the other hand, JRob and Vrabel must see something in Bowen, to first make him DC and then to give him a high powered assistant.. I’ve thought about this for a day, and Schwartz’s strengths include his analytics and organizational skill.. I’m not expecting a scheme change, mainly because we don’t have the players..

We definitely have the players. A front 6 of Landry next to Simmons and Dupree next to Autry is a stout front four with Jayon and Long as the LB’s. 

Im not saying you’re wrong about us maybe not changing the scheme, but I sure hope you are lol. 

It's amazing the amount of stuff that's being read into hiring a part time consultant who happens to live in the same city as the Titans. He could be relegated to only watching video for all we know; he was going to take a year off, doubt he's signing up for a huge role involving 60 hour work weeks.

38 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

It's amazing the amount of stuff that's being read into hiring a part time consultant who happens to live in the same city as the Titans. He could be relegated to only watching video for all we know; he was going to take a year off, doubt he's signing up for a huge role involving 60 hour work weeks.

I wouldn’t go this far. His official title has been made as Senior Defensive Consultant/Assistant. 

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I wouldn’t go this far. His official title has been made as Senior Defensive Consultant/Assistant. 

His official title is “Senior Defensive Assistant” on the coaching roster on the team website.

Vrabel also specifically said he will have a role on the field and in the meeting room. 

42 minutes ago, tgo said:

His official title is “Senior Defensive Assistant” on the coaching roster on the team website.

Vrabel also specifically said he will have a role on the field and in the meeting room. 

I put the / because it was one or the other (assistant mainly) but the Senior Defensive part is the one that matters the most in my opinion. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny